PDA

View Full Version : Back pain and feeling of despair..?

itiswhatitis
28-11-17, 18:44
A few days ago I had this “feeling of impending doom” which I know is related to anxiety, but I googled and it said something about.. some kind of lung or heart issue. I didn’t look into it because it made me anxious. But then later that day I started getting this pretty bad back pain, just under my ribs on the right side. It hurts more when I move my right arm or put pressure on it. It’s stayed for 2 days but it hurts worse in the evening for some reason. Like when I wake up it feels pretty fine but by evening is hurting again and limiting my movements. I’m so anxious it’s that lung thing I read about. I don’t remember the name but do these symptoms sound like that?

itiswhatitis
29-11-17, 15:34
Anyone? My back/side pain feels worse today. My mum doesn't concerned but said she'll take me to the doctor on Friday.

nomorepanic
29-11-17, 15:46
Sounds like back pain to me - a pulled/strained muscle maybe.

Siffi
29-11-17, 17:19
What type of pain is it? It does sound like a tense/pulled muscle. See if it goes away before Friday and try to calm down. If you have a tense muscle your worrying can increase tension and make it more painful. Maybe put some ice on it?

sdoxo
29-11-17, 17:58
Sounds like a pulled muscle or strain of some type. I've never heard of that "impending doom" thing being related to the heart/lungs, but it's definitely a symptom of anxiety. Which seems to be the culprit here.

Hope you get to feeling better!

itiswhatitis
29-11-17, 19:41
What type of pain is it? It does sound like a tense/pulled muscle. See if it goes away before Friday and try to calm down. If you have a tense muscle your worrying can increase tension and make it more painful. Maybe put some ice on it?

It's kind of a dull pain, but sometimes it'll get pretty bad for a few seconds. I lifted a box up the stairs a little while ago, it wasn't too heavy but when I got to the top the pain got really bad so I had to lie down for a few minutes (and even that didn't help much)
It's gotten a little easier again now, but it kinda feels like every few minutes something twitches back there and the pain is hightened. It's also come more around my side, like it's my bottom right rib, mainly at the back and sometimes on the side.