PDA

View Full Version : so fed up will it ever go

sandbanks
21-06-07, 21:05
hi all
new to this never posted before, looking for some help, had anxiety and panic for 18 years now started when i was about 24 out of the blue and now im 42, over the last 4 months have had anxiety really bad , seem to spend all my day trying to keep calm and control breathing so i dont go in to panic mode, its really got me down i feel continously knackered ,can not wait to get to bed, then lay there trying to think of any thing rather than breathing!! mp3 player go on full plast, drives my husband mad!!! well finally had enough today went to doctors and his has given me tables called "citalopram" in 18 years never taken anything from doctor alway used natural remadies, but so fed up of trying to get though a day, smile for the outside world but falling apart inside, but have read up on them, and now worried about taking them (cant win!!!) anyone out there taken them, and how did it go, good and bad please!!

honeybee3939
21-06-07, 21:45
Hi Sandbanks

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friend too:) .

Sorry to hear you have been having such a bad time but im pleased you have been to see your gp. I take citalopram too i have been taking them for 8 years now on and off and they have helped me. You may find when you start taking them at first it may highten your anxiety, although every one is different and i never had any bad side effects from them, and may take a few weeks before you start to feel the benefits from them. If a tablet a day can help hun then i would go for it you have nothing to loose.:)

Theres some good advice also on the forum on ways to cope so take a good look around :)

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

sandbanks
21-06-07, 21:59
Thanks honeybee
I might give them a go, let you no how i get on, had a good look around on forum as well and there is good advice will try some as well.

Thanks
Sandy