PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

AQuietMind
28-11-17, 22:10
Hi all,

New to the forum here, just looking for some support to know I’m not alone.
I was diagnosed with GAD & depression a year ago (after suffering somewhat silently since I was a teenager!) - I was put on citalopram & then fluoxetine plus CBT.

Stupidly I did not complete either the therapy or the medication as I felt I was ‘better’ & didn’t need them. A year later & im slipping back into the same dark spiral - called the doctors yesterday but can’t get an appointment for 3 weeks.

The thing I struggle with most is what my therapist called my tendency to ‘catastrophise’ - constantly dwelling on the worst case scenario & feeling that everything is hopeless. I also struggle with a lot of intrusive thoughts - my biggest ‘security blanket’ is my husband, & I have a tendency to stress about him dying etc. to the point where I won’t leave him to go anywhere.
Social anxiety is another obstacle- I work in a high pressure job with a close knit team & I constantly worry that everyone hates me, that I’m terrible at my job & often lose sleep worrying about an offhand comment someone might have made.

I’m married, but my husband works nights so I rarely see him from Mon-Fri & so I pretty much live alone during the week. I do have my beloved dog, who I refer to as my baby! He definitely helps ease some of the anxiety. All my family live over an hour away in another city. They don’t know much about my issues as they would only worry - my sister has crippling anxiety issues (she’s on beta blockers & im sure she has undiagnosed OCD) & mum has a history of depression. So I have a tendency to take a back seat while everyone supports them.

Anyway I’ve rambled on enough! Basically I just needed somewhere to share my thoughts & feelings - I never really get the opportunity to talk about my struggles to people in my life so I’d like an outlet just so I feel less alone.

venusbluejeans
28-11-17, 22:16
Hiya AQuietMind and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: