PDA

View Full Version : Twitching and quivering Face today .... driving me bonkers

tan235
28-11-17, 22:39
Hi All,
I know I know, probably anxiety but seriously why isn't it going away.
I just had my landlord here going over the house, she's really lovely but I noticed that when I was smiling my mouth was twitching and shaking. Now as I sit here and try to whistle my lips are quivering. Why? What is going on, yes my neurologist has given me a clean bill of health but why is my body twitching so much. Not my legs anymore or feet but my face!
Its like it's hyperactive, if i smile I quiver not so much twitch, If I open my mouth wide, my lips quiver, brushing my teeth - lips quiver, drink water - lips quiver, smile - lips quiver, cheeks twitch ... it's driving me bonkers.
Is it really anxiety?
Does anyone else get a quivering face .. not twitching so much but a quivering like when you overuse your muscles and they feel tired.
It's driving me seriously around the bend, I work in TV and I can't have a quivering face and why hasn't my eye stopped twitching?!

nivekc251
28-11-17, 22:46
I got it as I was reading this. I think it's because I was feeling for it lol. You are twitching because you have BFS. I get all quivers and twitches.. everyone of them lol

tan235
28-11-17, 23:03
Do you get them in your mouth?I did a stupid thing and google quivering mouth and ALS, that was dumb now I"m back to worrying again.
I'm so over the quivering! I noticed if I close one eye it will quiver, If I whistle it quivers!
Why????????
GO AWAY QUIVERING AND LET ME BE STRONG!!!!!!

nivekc251
28-11-17, 23:30
Yes I do I notice them on my bottom lip while I'm eating . There's a lot of fine muscles on and in your mouth kinda like your hand. So any usage of them is going to make them quiver. Calm down and let your body relax.

tan235
28-11-17, 23:57
Thanks - how are you ok with it all?
I want what you’ve got - mentally!

nivekc251
29-11-17, 01:49
I got tired of living in fear. Worrying about every twitch or pain I felt. Stalking the ALS and BFS forums . Waking up and googling twitches or ALS. Sometimes u just have to get mad and say f*** it. I still worry about some stupid things but I don't let it affect my day to day routine. Just accept the twitching stop looking or anticipating them and stay busy.

tan235
29-11-17, 04:06
yeah that's it eh F**k IT!
I am yet to get to that point but I will get there...... I notice if I'm distracted I don't notice the quivering as much if I focus on it- it comes back! - like magic!!!!

nivekc251
29-11-17, 05:49
You'll get there. I just got furious with myself. I went from scared to angry and that's when I got like that. I thought about all the Saturdays and holidays and other festivities with my family that I wasted by staring at my twitches , or googling ALS stories. It made me very angry, I was a prisoner in my own body from fear. Just stay busy. You know the old cliche about idle hands lol. I had a lot of help from people on here. I never posted but i would pm people a lot lol. It's rough man , but you can do it . I workout all the time now and my anxiety seems to creep up on me when I slack.

melfish
29-11-17, 05:56
I workout all the time now and my anxiety seems to creep up on me when I slack.

Yep! I took last week off and my anxiety skyrocketed. This week I've forced myself to work out twice already and I feel a lot more centred.