PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm Sam :)

maskedparade
29-11-17, 00:26
Hello everyone,

My name is Sam (girl Sam, not boy Sam!) I have been reading posts on this forum for many years, having searched for something online and found a lot of useful answers pop up. I have decided to register properly now, because I feel like I could definitely benefit from being a member of this community, and also, I hope that my knowledge and experiences can help others.

A bit about me, I'm 27, I am a support worker for adults with complex physical and learning disabilities, I love my job a lot, although it doesn't come without difficulties, although what job doesn't?! I live with my partner and our 2 cats who are beautiful! I first started with mental health problems when I was 13, and things got progressively worse, up until about 2 years ago when I started becoming a lot more stable. I do have a diagnosis but I don't feel like it would be beneficial to anyone, or myself, to reveal it, I am me, with or without my diagnosis. I am on meds, just the one though, which is brilliant as at one point I was on 4 different ones daily, just to get me through till bedtime! I suffer with severe anxiety, depression and OCD (EDIT I don't actually have a diagnosis of OCD, but I'm pretty confident that I do suffer from it, and not just in the flippant "oh, I'm OCD about that" way which a lot of people use, that annoys me!) I used to seriously self harm, but I am proud to say that I haven't done that in just over 2 years :)

I am willing to help in any way I can, and I hope that others can help me when I need answers or reassurance.

Thank you for reading if you got to the end, it's quite a long post!

~Sam

venusbluejeans
29-11-17, 00:34
Hiya maskedparade and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Velvet
29-11-17, 12:52
Hi Sam and welcome to you.
:welcome:

purplepie
29-11-17, 16:00
Hi Sam

Welcome to the forums, they have helped me lots of the years and have gone back on today as I haven't been feeling great for the past week or so. :(

I suffer from anxiety/depression and it sucks when you are in a severe period of it, so just knowing this site is here is a god send.

PP x