PDA

View Full Version : HA setback before wedding

Tinkerfairy
29-11-17, 12:21
Hi everyone. I’m new to this site, but I was active on Anxiety Zone before it closed. When I was a teen, my health anxiety was really bad but I’ve since been able to manage it. It only gets bad when I’m going through other types of life stress now. I’m getting married in 10 days and it has gotten out of control again. It started out as being convinced I had gallstones. I had a pain that would come and go in my upper right abdomen that got slightly more constant after Thanksgiving. Went to the doctor, he said that he thought it was more likely my stomach based in where I said the pain was, but took a full blood work up just in case. Blood count came back normal, I’m negative for the stomach ulcer bug (another possibility he was thinking of) and I’m still waiting for the liver count that he said would indicate gallstones. Only problem is my symptoms went from “gallstones” to “full on gastritis” (dull ache/burning in stomach and upper abdomen). I finally managed to relax and my stomach feels fine now. A twinge here and there but otherwise normal. But now, my anxiety has moved again and I’m convinced my appendix is about to go. I get a sharp pain that comes and goes every now and then in an area to the right of the belly button. Of course I googled it and it doesn’t seem to be adding up to appendicitis, mostly because i feel fine most of the time and it hasn’t completely incapacitated me in over 48 hours. But i can’t shake it. I have the classic anxiety work up now, racing heart, feeling super tense, can’t stop fixating on that spot that randomly hurts. It’s so frustrating because I know that appendicitis isn’t a “maybe I have it, maybe I dont” kind of illness and it’s far more likely anxiety related but I can’t let it go. I also know that the anticipation of the wedding is making my anxiety worse, but I just want to relax and enjoy the excitement. Any encouragement appreciated :weep:

vicky23
29-11-17, 18:24
Hi Tinker and welcome to the boards

From reading your post it sounds to me like you're able to rationalise things to say it's unlikely you have any series illness which is great. Of course anxiety being annoying still shows itself 'just in case'.

The only thing I can suggest is to keep at it with the positive self talk throughout the day. You're amongst people who can totally relate to what you're going through which is sometimes a comfort.

I hope you have an amazing wedding
XXX

sdoxo
29-11-17, 18:44
First off, congratulations on your wedding! I hope your day is fantastic! I just got married at the end of October, and I was polar opposite. Way too busy with the wedding to be anxious about my health lol.

Like you said, you're probably just anxious about your big day, which is to be expected. Give it a few weeks after all the wedding jitters pass, and see how you feel then :)