PDA

View Full Version : new diagnosis?

borojames
29-11-17, 14:14
hi iv been suffering what I was told was severe general anxiety disorder/depression and agrophobia but iv alway questioned these diagnosis due to symptoms not tying in etc but iv just come back from the new psychiatrist in my area and he said the same as me to there being more to it than original diagnosis, and he gave me 3 new ones that do seem to tick a lot more boxes than originals,they are complex ptsd, dysthymia and impulse control disorders, am just wondering if any suffers from any of these or has any insight into them as he instructed me to look them up online then get back in touch with my mental health team and they would start on changing meds and working on these new diagnosis?
so any help is much appreciated
also im in uk and am wondering if these new diagnosis would make it harder for me to qualify for the benefits im currently on?
not that it matters too much its just something else for me to worry about

Chocolateface
29-11-17, 20:29
Hi

If you are going to look up to see what they are then please remember that the internet can give very misleading information. A lot of it is good but you need to use it with caution. That said I would start by looking at the nhs website if you are in the uk.

I have no idea on the benefits issue,

Hope you find the answers you need

C.