PDA

View Full Version : 5+ years of MS fear

matrix123
29-11-17, 14:40
I started posting here more than 5 years ago and one of the things I worried most was MS (more details here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=119169)). I've had many symptoms coming and going, but the persistent one is a numb/weak feeling on my left leg (below the knee). Basically it never goes away completely, however recently it's getting worse. One year ago I was on 10mg of Escitalopram and then reduced it to 5 mg and I'm off for more than 6 months. Now I'm only taking 0.25mg Xanax as needed (lately almost every day).

I feel that it must be something organic there with anxiety making it worse, but I haven't done any neuro visit, because I'm too afraid. I've done regular checkups and other things are normal. I know that no one can say what it is, but I would like to make a few questions:

1. In about 5 years, the symptom has been pretty much the same, only recently feeling worse. From what I know things in MS get worse, so is it possible to have some symptom that goes on without much change for 5+ years?

2. My other alternative is BT, but it seems unlikely to stay the same for 5+ years.

3. Other options are pinched nerve, sciatica or hernial disc. However what I have heard are that if it was one of them I would have back/leg pain and I don't have pain. Just the leg feeling numb, weak and shaky. A few times when really anxious and/or tired it's shaking for real and I had to sit down until it got away. Would it be possible to be one of these and have no pain?

4. Feeling worse recently, can it be from withdrawal? I'm thinking that since I started withdrawing more than 1 year ago, it would have passed by now...

Thanx