PDA

View Full Version : So scared I am going to get aids?

ashleep
29-11-17, 23:18
A customer came in today with a script for medicines and it was covered in blood and I had to touch it. And when I passed it over they all wore gloves which is make me freak out more. Like why could they not touch it too. I am mad looking. Life is so unfair. Should I go to the Doctors to get a blood test?????????or
r do I have to wait 2weeks before I can it done so should I book in it 2weeks. I have hand with little cuts in them omg why does is have to happen to me

DaveP12
29-11-17, 23:21
As long as you washed your hands I’m sure you’ll be fine. It’s actually pretty hard to get HIV, otherwise everybody would have it.

ashleep
29-11-17, 23:31
Hey thanks. I should still go the doctors aye bcos I'm crying I freaking out so much. It just sucks the others wore gloves. I literally hate life so much right now

paranoid-viking
30-11-17, 00:12
A customer came in today with a script for medicines and it was covered in blood and I had to touch it. And when I passed it over they all wore gloves which is make me freak out more. Like why could they not touch it too. I am mad looking. Life is so unfair. Should I go to the Doctors to get a blood test?????????or
r do I have to wait 2weeks before I can it done so should I book in it 2weeks. I have hand with little cuts in them omg why does is have to happen to me

You are lucky. The idea that you could get HIV/AIDS that way was debunked way back in the 1980s.

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

Hey thanks. I should still go the doctors aye bcos I'm crying I freaking out so much. It just sucks the others wore gloves. I literally hate life so much right now

Go to the doctor and get a blood test to confirm you dont allready have HIV which anyone who is reasonable knowws allready? Well, well, your time, your money. I would not get a HIV test for that. The people at the pharmacy does not wear gloves not to get AIDS, it is a hygenical measure they have to use or they will be fired.

Annaboodle
30-11-17, 07:35
I promise there's nothing to worry about here. If you go to the doctor like you are planning then they will tell you the same, but it would be a good time to talk about your health anxiety and say how much it is affecting you with incidents like this.

tmckenzie-orr
30-11-17, 07:54
Think logically , it’s dried blood on the paper , and unless you have a great big open wound on your hand you have zero chance of getting hiv, so don’t be silly and even if you did have it which you don’t hiv is so easily manageable now people live normal lives it’s not like the 1970s so chill your absolutely fine

jojo2316
30-11-17, 09:48
There is absolutely NO WAY you can get aids this way. Also nowadays people with HIV have a normal life expectancy. NORMAL!! HIV does not kill people anymore

Dunkelheinburger
30-11-17, 12:32
Its even quite difficult to get HIV from hetero sex with an infected individual. 1 in 10,000 or something

paranoid-viking
30-11-17, 14:14
I promise there's nothing to worry about here. If you go to the doctor like you are planning then they will tell you the same, but it would be a good time to talk about your health anxiety and say how much it is affecting you with incidents like this.

Yes, then the doctor visit will not be such a vaste of time as it would be just by asking for an expensive HIV test which will be negative anyway.

I am really amazed that the myths from the 1980s about how to get HIV by stumbling over blood or something still is very alive in some peoples imagination. You could call it a sort of retro hypocondria; a fear based on outdated rumours and prejudices. Besides, medicines that keep HIV positive people alive have existed for more than 20 years now.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

There is absolutely NO WAY you can get aids this way. Also nowadays people with HIV have a normal life expectancy. NORMAL!! HIV does not kill people anymore

Well, not in the West, but in Africa it does.

jojo2316
30-11-17, 15:30
Yes, then the doctor visit will not be such a vaste of time as it would be just by asking for an expensive HIV test which will be negative anyway.

I am really amazed that the myths from the 1980s about how to get HIV by stumbling over blood or something still is very alive in some peoples imagination. You could call it a sort of retro hypocondria; a fear based on outdated rumours and prejudices. Besides, medicines that keep HIV positive people alive have existed for more than 20 years now.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Well, not in the West, but in Africa it does.

Yes that is true. I should not have sounded so complacent. It is still a major problem in many parts of Africa :weep:

Dave_Lister
30-11-17, 19:18

HIV is a very fragile virus, and once it is outside of the body dies within seconds. You will not get HIV from this.

ashleep
15-11-18, 23:18
I was at work at this durgie guy who doesn't needles all the time and was off his face when he camein touch my hand and I have little cuts all over my finger and hands. I am 100% sure he was aids and I don't want to do. His hands were dirty so there probably was blood. Should I get tested. Y did he touch me.

Fishmanpa
15-11-18, 23:22
:huh: If I read between the lines, a guy who you believe has HIV with no proof, touched your hand. You're sure he has dried blood on his hands and he infected you? You do hopefully realize how irrational and absolutely improbable this is?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
15-11-18, 23:39
You can't catch it like that

Elen
16-11-18, 07:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen