PDA

View Full Version : Hives

fbmb
30-11-17, 01:32
I'm hoping that someone here has some input for me. I'm stumped. Since the beginning of October I have occasionally, about 5 times, gotten a hive (just 1) on the same spot on my calf. I notice it when I wear tight pants or boots, but it's not consistent. Sometimes I'll wear skinny jeans and won't get it. It looks like a mosquito bite. Itches like crazy for a few minutes and then fades as the day goes on. This morning I noticed it at 8 am and it's 6:30 pm and the itching and raised spot is gone but the skin is pink where it was. I assume that eventually the little spot will fade because that's what's always happened.

This has never happened to me before. I have sensitive skin and I can actually scratch my skin and cause little lines and stuff, like dermatographism. But I have never really gotten hives. I haven't eaten anything new, taken new medicines, used lotion, etc. I'm totally stumped and a little worried. I have googled it and found everything from "no big deal" to extreme things like vasculitis.

Has anyone had this experience? I guess what worries me is the little red spot that's left. I know it's not from scratching because I didn't scratch it. I'm really scared.

Annaboodle
30-11-17, 07:30
I had them a lot as a teen and in my twenties. I would get them on my face too. My mum said she'd had it when she was young as well. I do still have sensitive skin and have to watch what I put on it. A antihistamine tablet worked better for hives I found than most of the allergy creams I tried. Re. the lines thing - I used to be able to write my name or draw something on my arm and it would come up in raised lines (I was REALLY bored at school). Seriously though - is that what you're talking about? Don't be scared though, it's just one of those things. My own daughter's skin seems to be fine, but my step daughter is v. sensitive to washing powders, sun lotions, etc... If you can, just mentally file it under "weird shit my body does". Nothing sinister, and will likely go away as you get older like my mum's and mine did.

fbmb
30-11-17, 12:24
I had them a lot as a teen and in my twenties. I would get them on my face too. My mum said she'd had it when she was young as well. I do still have sensitive skin and have to watch what I put on it. A antihistamine tablet worked better for hives I found than most of the allergy creams I tried. Re. the lines thing - I used to be able to write my name or draw something on my arm and it would come up in raised lines (I was REALLY bored at school). Seriously though - is that what you're talking about? Don't be scared though, it's just one of those things. My own daughter's skin seems to be fine, but my step daughter is v. sensitive to washing powders, sun lotions, etc... If you can, just mentally file it under "weird shit my body does". Nothing sinister, and will likely go away as you get older like my mum's and mine did.

I used to worry about the skin writing and now I don't, because it's been there for so long. But I've never had hives until now. And I'm just getting one hive in the same spot on my leg where my pant seam is (inside of my calf). I have no idea what it's from or why I'm getting it. I don't even know if it's a hive since it's one single spot. It looks like a mosquito bite and itches, then it's gone. I don't think it's eczema because when it goes away (usually in 24 hours or less) my leg looks totally normal. I can't even see the spot where it was now. It's just really weird.

fbmb
02-12-17, 15:23
Anyone else have any input?