PDA

View Full Version : UTI pain, no UTI?

megsi99
30-11-17, 16:47
Starting last night I started having pains that felt like a UTI, but without that crazy burning when you urinate. It's more like pain and uncomfortableness.

I've had several UTIs years ago, so I'm pretty familiar with what they feel like. I got anxious it was a UTI, especially because I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning. So, I don't want to deal with that while on vacation. UGHH.

I took two of those AZO at home UTI tests and both were negative. So I haven't gone to urgent care but aren't really sure what to do. Wait to see if the pain gets worse? Has anyone else had this without an infection? Wondering if it might just be bladder irritation or something.

daisyflower
30-11-17, 16:54
So many times. I put it down to irritation and drink a tonne of water.

.Poppy.
30-11-17, 20:23
I had similar symptoms once, and my doctor basically told me it was one of two things:

1) An infection higher up in my urinary tract
2) Mettelschmertz (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) which is just when your ovaries leak blood when off your cycle - not dangerous, just uncomfortable.

He gave me some antibiotics just in case and sent me on my way. A few days later, all was well.