PDA

View Full Version : New scare, throat/tonsil cancer??

Mav
30-11-17, 23:06
So the occasional streak of brown/red in my tooth paste hasn't bothered me much but now I'm freaked out, I can open my mouth extremely wide, I mean to the point where I can literally see my epiglottis. Anyway the area behind my tonsils is a whitish colour on both sides, I don't know of this is normal. My tonsils appear red and healthy, it's the area behind it. I tried looking in my mum and brothers mouth but they can't open their mouth wife enough.

I'm freaking out. The streaks in my spit only happen when I brush my tounge or the area around it.

The worse thing is I feel healthy and fine. I'm just creating this fear for myself. I haven't gotten to the bottom of why there are sometimes streaks of brown or red in my toothpaste but my best assumption on it is that it's happened for a long time before I noticed it. It's probably nothing. I know unexplained things happen to people all the time and mean nothing at all most of the time.

Fishmanpa
30-11-17, 23:17
The streaks in my spit only happen when I brush my tounge or the area around it.

Use a softer brush :whistles:

Positive thoughts

KK77
30-11-17, 23:21
It's probably nothing. I know unexplained things happen to people all the time and mean nothing at all most of the time.

Correct...

It's very hard to see where blood is coming from with gums. Being hyper-aware and examining yourself will lead to all sorts of sinister conclusions.

As has been suggested before - look at ways to reduce self-checking and anxiety levels.

Mav
30-11-17, 23:51
Okay, I'm calmer now. I seem to have these mini freak outs and then calm down.

I feel like blood is coming from either cuts I don't see in my mouth e. G under my tounge. Brushing too hard on the back, or gums. It's hard to tell but I know it's not from Inside me or else I'd be seeing a lot more of it and coughing it up etc

I'm pretty sure the whitish ness right at the back is nothing to worry about since only I seem to be able to open my mouth that wide and so I'm certain Others have a similar thing if they could see it.

Honestly I'm much calmer now... It felt good writing that out, it gave me some room for reflection.

Its almost a year since I had a major health anxiety freak out and everyday I remind myself how much better I'm doing, it's moments like this that test me.

SG
01-12-17, 13:12
This fear ruined my life for months a few years ago, couldn't stop opening my mouth and looking at my tonsils, feeling my glands etc. I have no idea how I got over it, this particular fear just lost it's grip on me and now I have scarier and bigger health monsters chasing me, which I know in time will die down too. :doh: