PDA

View Full Version : How can I deal with DVT fears?

inxi
01-12-17, 03:49
Hi everyone,
Recently I've noticed a small red/pink patch of skin on the top of my foot.
It doesn't look like a rash but it gets more red after I have showered.
I'm worried it's somehow DVT although I have no pain or other symptoms.
I'm not sure how long I've had this red patch, but now that I'm focusing on it I feel really anxious.

I'm 22 years old and I'm on a low dose birth control, which is probably why I am worried about DVT. My doctor told me because I am on the lowest dose possible, DVT is extremely rare, but of course I'm still worried. I have no other risk factors.

How can I deal with this fear?

Panicker
01-12-17, 07:45
This has been my fear forever. I am not as bad as I used to be about it, I’ve moved on to aneurysms and strokes. I always reassured myself
By first, the pain would be in your calf and it would be very painful. It wouldn’t be a little red, it would be big red, also feel warm to the touch. Also, there are no deep veins on the top of your foot, so I am pretty sure you can not get a dvt there.

inxi
01-12-17, 11:15
This has been my fear forever. I am not as bad as I used to be about it, I’ve moved on to aneurysms and strokes. I always reassured myself
By first, the pain would be in your calf and it would be very painful. It wouldn’t be a little red, it would be big red, also feel warm to the touch. Also, there are no deep veins on the top of your foot, so I am pretty sure you can not get a dvt there.

You're right. I know I don't have typical symptoms, so I shouldn't be worrying but a little corner of my mind is saying "what if?".
You're right though, I don't think I would be experiencing a small a small red/pink patch, it would be my whole foot? Thank you for the reassurance.