PDA

View Full Version : New here, need some reassurance (nsfw topic)

Panicker
01-12-17, 07:42
So, hubby is away and I thought I would have some alone time. Well as things reached the peak, I got a headache at the base of my skull, only on the left side. It wasn’t bade, it felt like one of those headaches when you get up too fast. It sort of went away, but now I am definitely feeling it up
The left side. I get headaches frequently and I just had an MRI About 6 months ago, maybe less. I am trying so hard not to freak out, but of course I am worried.

jojo2316
01-12-17, 08:52
Headaches are soooooo common and almost never caused by anything sinister. Why did you have an MRI 6 months ago? Was it that you were worried about similar symptoms?
Nothing will have changed since then

Panicker
01-12-17, 12:03
I had the MRI because although I’ve always had headaches, I started getting headaches that lasted for days and since they changed my gp said it wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I know, but it literally happened as I peaked, which has me freaked, and of course I woke up today and it’s moved on from mild to a bad headache so now I am really freaked

jojo2316
01-12-17, 12:13
Of course it has! Brain tumour s are something I worry about too (also had an MRI) - and WHENEVER i a man having a brain tumour worry my headaches ALWAYS get worse!

swgrl09
01-12-17, 13:43
It probably was already there and just the increase in blood flow/hormones made it feel worse temporarily. That would be my guess. I think this is common.

Panicker
01-12-17, 14:01
Of course it has! Brain tumour s are something I worry about too (also had an MRI) - and WHENEVER i a man having a brain tumour worry my headaches ALWAYS get worse!

It’s always a brain tumor, lol or blood clot. It’s never anything logical, like hormones or blood flow. I absolutely hate this ha

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

It probably was already there and just the increase in blood flow/hormones made it feel worse temporarily. That would be my guess. I think this is common.

That actually makes sense. It wasn’t a “thunderclap” headache. It was an annoyance and now it is a little more, but nothing unbearable, it hurts when I am moving but it’s okay when I am not. It’s right at the base of my skull, which is where I do get headaches. I would like to think if it was anything more than that I would feel terrible today

melfish
01-12-17, 17:24
Am I missing something? Why is this nsfw?