PDA

View Full Version : Never ending fear

NewYorkgirl
01-12-17, 16:32
I had so hoped that I was getting somewhere but I am only seem to be going backwards. I am back to constantly checking my body for rashes, spots, dry skin that is turning into psoriasis. I'm checking my hair for bald spots as I fear I'm still losing hair. My new fear of ovarian cancer is building every single day with symptoms that could have come straight from a cancer leaflet. I am totally at my rock bottom. I desperately hoping my appt for CBT comes through soon as I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I feel like I'm on the edge of panic all the time. It like I'm losing touch with reality. I'm so tired of being scared all the time, it's just too hard

Fishmanpa
01-12-17, 16:35
In the mean time, why not download the FREE CBT course in my signature and do a little reading?

Positive thoughts

NervUs
01-12-17, 17:01
I'm so tired of being scared all the time, it's just too hard

That is actually good because it will motivate you to get better. Being tired of it is not all it takes by any means, but it helps!! You will get where you need to be!!!!

poppy77
01-12-17, 17:19
Can you see the GP in the meantime? He may or may not feel it's appropriate to give you something like Propanalol to calm your panic. When I was waiting for the Sertraline to become effective, I got given Propanalol to ease my feeling of absolute fear and panic. It may not be appropriate for everyone though.

NewYorkgirl
01-12-17, 20:50
I can't get to my go until at least Monday now. I've downloaded a mindfulness app which has different calming and meditation exercises which I am going to try and do. I just wish I could literally spill everything out of my head as talking always makes me feel better. However I have no one I can talk to as I hide it from my partner, family and friends. And I worry if I speak freely to anyone i will start to cry and never stop. This is incredibly hard and I just want it to stop.

Fishmanpa
01-12-17, 20:59
So I take it you didn't download the FREE CBT? (http://cbt4panic.org/)

There are a few worksheets and explanations of what you're feeling and why that would be very helpful. It's obvious you're really spiraling but could you at least try?

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
01-12-17, 21:04
Feel free to message me if you want. I will totally listen if you want someone to talk to. Heck I could use the same!

melfish
01-12-17, 22:51
Fish, no offence intended, but that CBT thing is too basic to help with my HA. All that stuff I know and practice already for panic, but it doesn't touch the health anxiety. It's a totally different beast, IMO

Fishmanpa
02-12-17, 01:28
Fish, no offence intended, but that CBT thing is too basic to help with my HA. All that stuff I know and practice already for panic, but it doesn't touch the health anxiety. It's a totally different beast, IMO

Have you downloaded and read through it? Looked at and worked on the worksheets? If you have and even it didn't work for you, I would still recommend it. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it wouldn't be a wake up call for someone else. The very first worksheet is designed to uncover underlying anxious thoughts and fears and guide you to finding rationality is one of the better worksheets. I personally used that in helping with my "scanxeity" after my cancer. If forces you to write out and accept what others here offer in reassurance posts :whistles:

Anyway.... Guess it goes back to the thread about reassurance.

Positive thoughts

robinhall
02-12-17, 02:11
Hi
CT4Panic may not seem very relevant for people with HA

Have a look at this site which has a FREE 9 module programme for HA

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

NewYorkgirl
02-12-17, 09:06
Thank you for your replies. Fish, I have started reading through the CBT worksheets and will continue to do so. When I can slow my thinking down I know I can deal with it better, It's when I fall into the spiralling panic that I fear I have no way out. I know, or at the very least I hope, I can conquer this and enjoy my life. Thank you all again

Fishmanpa
02-12-17, 14:21
Thank you for your replies. Fish, I have started reading through the CBT worksheets and will continue to do so. When I can slow my thinking down I know I can deal with it better, It's when I fall into the spiralling panic that I fear I have no way out. I know, or at the very least I hope, I can conquer this and enjoy my life. Thank you all again

Don't just read then, fill them out and do them! When you finally get to therapy, your doctor will tell you the same thing. The best reassurance is self-reassurance :)

Positive thoughts

NewYorkgirl
02-12-17, 21:37
It's the constant checking of my body that I'm desperately trying to stop...my obsession with skin diseases is making me itch all the time and obviously making me check more..vicious cycle. Feeling quite bad tonight...