PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure fears, never thought I'd fear this, help me please

AnxiousTeen97
01-12-17, 22:09
Every time I come home be it from work, or from going out my blood pressure is around 130/80. Sometimes The highest has been 133/83. Even though I come home with a car. Even after eating I guess it goes up to 130s. I checked it just now it was 107/73. With a heart rate of 83 bpm. I do have tachycardia, during the summer my heart rate would go up to 120 bpm now the maximum I can have is like 104. It is the worst when I wake up and eat, that's when it beats more, as the day goes it goes down to 65-80.
My anxiety is way too much. Within 3 hours I have checked my blood pressure like 15 times already. I do have acid reflux though, not sure if that could cause higher heart rate.
3 months ago I ran through every possible heart tests from a cardiologist, from ECGS, ECHOs, holter monitoring and the stress test and was told that I am good, but to be fair the fears have never went away, I just keep thinking that they missed something or that I was way too young to have a heart problem after all (I am now 20) so that they didn't take the tests seriously.
When I lay down with my back up and head down I feel very strange feelings in my head and around my throat, so I feared bad circulation / blocked arteries / lack of blood supply.
That is the reason I even avoid going to the mosque ( I am a muslim )
I spent way too much money AGAIN to get a private check-up and had my throat/neck area checked through an ECHO? I believe so and was told that the arteries are fine. Had another ECG which showed no abnormalities? Still feel like ECG cannot detect my problems...
Lastly I had a breathing test in which showed that my lung capacity was good, but I feel shortness of breathing sometimes.
Just today, thanks to google I read that a bp of 130-80 is considered HIGH and is risky, it can cause heart attack/stroke so I became so shaky and desperate and now I need more and more help. Please help me through this.

Fishmanpa
01-12-17, 22:22
Could it be you're spiraling and self checking obsessively that's causing this? Besides, 130/80 is not considered high unless you believe the new standards...

Positive thoughts

AnxiousTeen97
01-12-17, 22:33
Indeed it could be, and I have tried everything to stop this, it just does not work! For like 5 months I am taking Sertraline 50mg and Xanax 0.25 mg daily.
My family and my girlfriend are "tired" of me I believe. I cannot enjoy anything at all! Just nothing is helping.. Although you have tried to help me since I first joined this great forum. I am so thankful to you :)

swgrl09
01-12-17, 22:52
3 months ago I ran through every possible heart tests from a cardiologist, from ECGS, ECHOs, holter monitoring and the stress test and was told that I am good

That tells you everything you need to know. I would toss the BP monitor if I were you. Good luck :hugs:

CHELLEB1017
01-12-17, 22:57
Doctors don't consider bp high unless it 140/90 a few different times! I bet if you didn't have anxiety it would be below 120/80.

Weasley123
02-12-17, 00:28
That’s a great reading. I have terrible dr and bp year anxiety. Line was 158/80 last time at dr then 135/75 a min later. Dr wasn’t worrurd

JoeCanuck
02-12-17, 04:55
Sheesh, I would love to have that low of a BP without medication.

Panicless
02-12-17, 06:59
Ive just been put on blood pressure meds. I was over 90's sometimes it would hit 100. Now its in its 80's and my doctor is real happy with that. As she should anxiety in itself puts your blood pressure up.