PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes, how do i stop poking it!?

Steampunk
01-12-17, 23:57
How do I stop myself from prodding them?

I felt one on the back of my neck to the right of my spine, so I went to the doctor since I couldn't stop myself poking, pushing, etc, it, the doctor said it was nothing, felt around that area and it and said it was all good. I felt better but them I felt one on my neck/ collarbone and got paranoid all over again and cant stop poking it.

I know poking them makes them worse but I keep wanting to check to see if its going -.- And even now I just felt the one on my neck which does feel like its gone down somewhat, but im sure me poking it has just made it worse.

Does being skinny mean you're more likely to feel them too? The doctor says im really lean and I can see my bones, would that mean im more likely to feel them and think there's an issue? He said im feeling the one on my neck more because its under thinner skin and it is a bit inflamed. But now im super paranoid about the other one i poked around to find.

bubx
02-12-17, 00:16
I would like to know too :wacko: Because the doctor told me the same thing. I was lying in bed turned to my right when I felt around on my neck and could feel tiny though present nodes down my neck. I freaked out and started sweating all over which freaked me out more. I keep poking under my jaws and down my neck and collarbones.

Fishmanpa
02-12-17, 01:35
You could probably find this on Amazon ;)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/05/6f/0b/056f0b26103ab2c07c049b294159d0c1--dog-cone-google-search.jpg

Positive thoughts

tan235
02-12-17, 05:03
ha ha Fishmapa you're so on form at the moment.
If the Dr cant feel them then don't worry!
The dr said he felt mine up but I couldn't;t feel them so start to worry then! ha ha - I"m not worried though as I think mine are always slightly up .. have been ever since I can remember ...

---------- Post added at 05:03 ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 ----------

Plus if you poke and prod you'll feel all sorts of things, now if only I was so ok with eye twitching! x ;)

Thelegend27
03-12-17, 08:00
it'll pass in time, well i did at least. it took over a year but i got control of it, i do still think of it from time to time but its been over a year so i just remind myself how silly i look rubbing my neck all the time and so i just dont do it. they are still there and will always be and i accept that now.

SG
03-12-17, 11:25
I went through a phase like this and it is hellish, but it did pass. I know exactly the one you mean at the side of your spine on your neck because I was obsessed with that area for ages! Unfortunately I have no answers as to how to stop, mine just passed in time and I moved on to other health worries lol.

Steampunk
06-12-17, 04:12
You could probably find this on Amazon ;)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/05/6f/0b/056f0b26103ab2c07c049b294159d0c1--dog-cone-google-search.jpg

Positive thoughts

I need me one of those for my whole body!

I went through a phase like this and it is hellish, but it did pass. I know exactly the one you mean at the side of your spine on your neck because I was obsessed with that area for ages! Unfortunately I have no answers as to how to stop, mine just passed in time and I moved on to other health worries lol.

Oh yeah I'm sure I'll move onto something else soon. Infact I've almost become obsessed with something else now! Oh it's a wonderful life!

daisyflower
06-12-17, 09:13
Haha Fishmanpa ��
I used to be bad with this. I have lots that are very easily felt as I'm slim and some are almost grape sized.
I eventually did the 'I will only feel it at 7pm' thing and eventually I moved on to something else.
I found a new one recently that isn't going down and my old self would have freaked about that. I promised myself I wouldn't touch it except for once a week. I've actually forgotten about it for the past couple of months but I've just felt it and it's still there 5 months on, the same size, so I'm not worried.

Steampunk
09-12-17, 07:20
Haha Fishmanpa ��
I used to be bad with this. I have lots that are very easily felt as I'm slim and some are almost grape sized.
I eventually did the 'I will only feel it at 7pm' thing and eventually I moved on to something else.
I found a new one recently that isn't going down and my old self would have freaked about that. I promised myself I wouldn't touch it except for once a week. I've actually forgotten about it for the past couple of months but I've just felt it and it's still there 5 months on, the same size, so I'm not worried.

I'm gonna try this. I recently found a new bump under my ear but I feel fine and dont conform to any symptoms of the C word (of course thats what I immediately think) So I'm thinking maybe I should try this out. My poking and feeling is the only thing making me feel off. Time to try this out!