PDA

View Full Version : Infection causing this?

Hypomean
02-12-17, 03:46
Hey guys I’m here dealing with a yeast infection.

I’ve also been dealing with heart palpitations.
Right now with each breath I took my heart wound thump hard.
I don’t know if say it is because of the infection my heart is doing this or it’s the anxiety (I’ve been holding my breath when the waves of discomfort come).

I went a good week without feeling my heart doing funky stuff until the day of the infection started to annoy me.
I also fear this infection hitting my blood stream.
29 days until i get a doctor finally but until then. Aside for over the counter stuff what Can I do?

I was finally feeling good and this happens.
I am being told it’s not my heart. My heart is fine... but it feels like it is! These last two nights I’ve only slept 2 hours each. Which you know makes stuff on your body harder.

tan235
02-12-17, 03:50
I have had heart palapations for as long as I can remember.
Sometimes they are so bad I just give up and think I"m going to have a heart attack, mine are sometimes strong enough to take my breath away and make me jump up and run around the house in a full-on panic. I had an ECG done and all fine, being anxious I get them a lot and apparently they are quite common, I have found doing really deep breathing helps to settle them but this took about a week for it to finally work - I would try that.. but it wont work straight away - x

Hypomean
02-12-17, 03:58
I have had heart palapations for as long as I can remember.
Sometimes they are so bad I just give up and think I"m going to have a heart attack, mine are sometimes strong enough to take my breath away and make me jump up and run around the house in a full-on panic. I had an ECG done and all fine, being anxious I get them a lot and apparently they are quite common, I have found doing really deep breathing helps to settle them but this took about a week for it to finally work - I would try that.. but it wont work straight away - x

I am like that. When the palpitations take my breath away or make me cough. Walk around. I’ve been dealing with them too for a long time and I still can’t get over the fear it’s a heart attack coming by way or that it will make my heart suddenly stop. I do the deep breathing but sometimes it just makes it worse :(

tan235
02-12-17, 04:28
Deep breathing use to make it worse for me too but that's when I realised I wasn't really deep breathing, I was panicking deep breathing and there is a difference, as soon as I felt a weird bump I would deep breathe, really deeply all the way in then hold and breath out making a cat bum lip face really slowly -for me the deep breathing took a while to master which was weird as its just deep breathing but it worked.... I've had them since I was 12 and I'm 40..... I really do think that they are so common and so many of us get them. My dad has had a heart attack and he said he never noticed heart palpations but he did notice a fast heartbeat. I get this too when I got to hte Dr - my heart was at 150 when I took myself to ER so they were in a huge panic which only made it say at 150bpm!
YOu'll be ok .... try it for a week ... see if it makes a difference.

---------- Post added at 04:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

Oh yes, the coughing - mine use to make me cough all the time I was really worried about that as that's a sign of something serious going on but Dr told me it's completely normal for people who suffer from benign heart palpitations to want to cough. I also found sleeping on my side never helped either so I had to lay on my stomach.
Also when I get my period it gets WAY worse....x