PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a panic attack like this?

tan235
02-12-17, 06:50
I have been feeling off all day. Obviously the twitching is getting to me on a very deep level.
I was just with my daughter getting us dinner and for no apparent reason I started feeling really off, hot flashes, dizzy, couldn’t breathe- felt like I was going to faint, I felt my heart and it just started racing - I took some deep breathes - tried to tell myself I’d be ok and then 5 minutes later it was gone!
Normally my attacks are quite bad for a while, but my heart was back to normal ish and now I’m ok but shaking. Does this sound like afib attack instead??
I have recently done an ecg and they didn’t spot anything. Has anyone had a panic attack that just starts and then stops like nothing has happened???

AntsyVee
02-12-17, 06:59
Yeah. Sometimes I get hot flashes with mine, and other times cold flashes where I end up in head to toe shivers.

BTW, twitching is a normal physiological response to stress. My left eye will twitch for months if I’m super stressed. It sounds like you need to take some steps to reduce your stress.

tan235
02-12-17, 07:01
Have you had it where it was really short?

---------- Post added at 07:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 ----------

That’s my concern as it was quite intense but then just stopped!!

AntsyVee
02-12-17, 07:06
They don’t always last long, but they always feel like you’re dying. That’s why they’re so scary.

tan235
02-12-17, 07:10
Yeah it’s been years since I’ve had one which makes me wonder if this was a heart issue. Bloody terrifying.

Annaboodle
02-12-17, 09:12
Hi Tan. Yes I've had them like that. They can be really intense for a short time, which is what makes them seem so frightening and you get those, "but what if this time it's something else?..." thoughts. I've fainted in the past from low blood pressure (not connected to anxiety at all) and so I associated the hot flash thing and weird tunnel vision with being about to faint. But of course when it's a panic attack you don't faint, though the symptoms feel the same. Thing to remind ourselves is 5 minutes did then pass, and you WERE fine. It's horrible though. Awful. Remind yourself of that as well - it's why people end up taking themselves up to A&E as it feels so bad at the time.

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Also, I got really upset when panic attacks started happening at what I felt were times and places I shouldn't have had them (I know, I am ridiculous!). Like it was fair enough if they happened to me at the till in a busy supermarket, but not in the bedroom of my own house.

VintageSpade
04-12-17, 05:22
Yes. Many of mine are BAM. I get faint, cold hands and fert, hot chest...I've had a few like that and I've just now gotten to where I can work through them. They last just a short time but of course the concern and anxiety stays.

Its extra hard for me because my HA is focused around my heart. A tad about my lungs but 99.9% about my heart.

Lola-Lee
04-12-17, 06:55
What you describe are typical symptoms of PA's,bloody terrifying.
My mouth,nose and left eye twitch often, I am dealing with quite a bit of stress at the moment and my GP assured me that is all it is.

RJJones
04-12-17, 07:43
for no apparent reason I started feeling really off, hot flashes, dizzy, couldn’t breathe- felt like I was going to faint, I felt my heart and it just started racing - I took some deep breathes - tried to tell myself I’d be ok and then 5 minutes later it was gone!

This is mine to a T. Apart from my upper chest gets tight to. Its just plain dumb how the panic anxiety kicks in then goes leaving you with, just anxiety and light headed.