PDA

View Full Version : Kidney infection from UTI?

thisisausername
02-12-17, 13:47
Hi! I'm a longtime lurker but just recently decided to join. Anyway, I've had the classic UTI symptoms (needing to pee all the time, burning feeling when peeing, etc) for the past two days. The doctor recommended I send a urine sample for analysis before he can prescribe antibiotics. Problem is, things are really slow here and I'll probably only get my results back on the 6th.

I was fine with that until I read that untreated UTIs can turn into kidney infections which can lead to sepsis and now I'm really concerned! Is 4 days enough time for a UTI to turn into a kidney infection?

Iwant2bhealthy
02-12-17, 19:46
Your doctor wouldn't send you home if he would suspect that something can happen to you. You will be ok. :-) Do you do something to manage your health anxiety?

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

swgrl09
02-12-17, 19:54
That sounds like the usual wait every time I have had a urine culture done. I wondered the same myself, but it seems to be standard. They don't want to prescribe the wrong antibiotic without knowing which bacteria is causing it. I don't think this would be the routine if it was dangerous to wait.