PDA

View Full Version : High blood pressure at night?

ChiefsCML
03-12-17, 06:21
Hello, thanks for reading! I have just recently started losing weight. I'm about 45 pounds overweight (started at 50 over). Before this past week, I was extremely sedentary and struggled with binge eating for about a year. I'm 23 years old.

I took my BP about a week ago and it came out to 124/89, higher than ideal but not hypertension. Since then I have been working out high intensity at least 30 min/day on a resistance elliptical, and my BP numbers have been around the same if not better.

Today was my grandma's 75th birthday, and I had some cake/ice cream at her house earlier (nothing crazy portion-wise). 4 hours later, at midnight my time, I checked my BP and it came out to 137/94 (!!!).

Is this cause for concern? My blood sugar is well in the normal range, and it always is, but I'm trying very hard to get my BP down, and it is frightening to get this reading. Thank you!

Fishmanpa
03-12-17, 13:54
Why are you self checking your BP? Unless your doctor ordered you to do so (which I don't feel is the case based on your post and fear), I suggest you throw away the BP monitor.

Positive thoughts