PDA

View Full Version : MRI for tinnitus

hyper
03-12-17, 11:29
Hi everyone
I am hoping for some advice to calm me down. I have suffered from HA for many years, since my teens, I am now 49 year old mother of 2.
My problem is that I have been seeing my doctor for tinnitus which sounds like an intermittent engine idling in my left ear.
He referred me to ENT who arranged an MRI scan. This shocked me as I never thought it could be anything serious Which is a change for me coz I panic about everything.

I had the scan yesterday morning at my local hospital the MRI unit run by health alliance.
When I have had ultrasounds etc in the past they have told me everything looked OK etc but the two girls yesterday wouldn't give anything away although I did not ask them directly.

I am so worried now. Has anyone had experience of this?
I am assuming they have seen something terrible. I am struggling to cope with the anxiety.
Please help if you can ,

Thanks
Ruth xx

flatterycat
03-12-17, 11:45
Hi Ruth.

I had this exact situation as you. It’s normal protocol to do mri when you have tinnitus in one ear. They never told me anything at the time either. It was all normal for me although they did find an incidental finding in my neck which was nothing to worry about.

X

hyper
03-12-17, 11:54
Thank you for replying, I am glad everything was ok for you. It's hard not read too much into theses situations. I feel a it calmer and I will just have to wait for the results. Stress is giving me headaches and making tinnitus worse!
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Ruth x

hyper
20-01-18, 11:08
Hi, I just thought that I would post my long awaited MRI results from my scan on 2/12/17. Just got a letter yesterday to say that it was normal.
I was working on the "no news is good news" to keep my sanity over the last few weeks.
So I have learnt that just because they don't tell you anything on the day, don,t look you in the eye or seem to be very interested in something on the screen, does NOT mean they have seen something awful. Hope this helps someone out there.

Wishing all the best of health
Ruth xx

katniss
20-01-18, 19:10
Awesome! Glad to hear the news :)

Speranza
21-01-18, 00:16
I had the same, many years ago.

Just to mention, after living with tinnitus for decades, I saw an ENT guy who kind of hoovered out my ears and the tinnitus disappeared for ages!