PDA

View Full Version : Constipation and piles

greenlady
03-12-17, 22:11
Hi all
Haven't been here for ages . Went to Drs with a sore itchy anus . He did a revtal exam said I had piles . I had been taking codiene for a sore hip also Lisinopril for blood pressure and a statin .thing is I worry about bowel cancer . I have had no blood when I wipe . Do you think I am
Ok .
Thanks
Gina

MyNameIsTerry
04-12-17, 02:42
Piles are something GP's see all the time, they are extremely common, so they are used to examining for them and ruling out anything else that needs investigation. Sometimes they send people for further tests to rule out other GI issues, such as sigmoidoscopies, but something like cancer is something they are used to determining the difference between.

I found warm salt water bathing really helps when they are itchy & sore.

With piles you can experience itching, weeping (especially due to rubbing when sitting for long periods or exercising), mucus in stools, slight bleeding, etc. And if you have the runs, the acidic nature of softer stools can make them bleed a bit. So, if you get things like this remember what your GP has found and how these things are common with them.

Try not to strain, it's one of the biggest reasons to have piles. Look at your fibre intake and get plenty of water. Stress is a big reason for them so they are very common with anxiety.

Lola-Lee
04-12-17, 06:46
Nothing worse than an itchy anus, I am going to drag my bum along the grass like a dog, I have been taking Endone for chronic pain and been constipated for a week,bit frightened when I do finally go my friend said it would feel like giving birth to a ten pound turd.:scared15:

greenlady
04-12-17, 12:53
Thankyou for answering. I went to see dr this morning and she felt my tummy and said it was lovely and soft . So I have to take colpwrmin to help the bloating and crampy pains as I have been to toilet twice today she said to lay off the laxative . Just eat a healthy diet she said . Mind now at ease !! She also said no more co codamol .

MyNameIsTerry
04-12-17, 13:54
That's good to hear.

When my dad had an operation on a hernia a few years back he was constipated, which is common after ops, and the nurse that was doing his follow ups just said to eat more fibre and laxatives aren't preferred as they want to try the natural route first. The nurse gave the usual advice but also small fruits like tangerines/easy peelers and they helped him greatly.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Nothing worse than an itchy anus, I am going to drag my bum along the grass like a dog, I have been taking Endone for chronic pain and been constipated for a week,bit frightened when I do finally go my friend said it would feel like giving birth to a ten pound turd.:scared15:

We refer to those as "a danger to shipping" if they ever get into the open. :D

Now you will know how Mrs Trump felt on 14 June 1946. :winks:

Rather than the grass if you want to earn some money, slap on the music, get out a bucket & sponge and you can use some blokes windscreen while cleaning it. :yesyes:

Hope you feel better soon :hugs::flowers:

greenlady
11-02-18, 09:48
Hi guys
Still feeling sore . Last night had little sleep . Went to toilet and had bm . Pain seems to be more prominent on left side . Still got presure feeling in my anus . Hate this !!
Gina x