PDA

View Full Version : Grid of red dots on skin.

Leslie735
03-12-17, 22:17
I found 2 perfect squares (about an 1.5 inches in length) of petechiae (or something that resembles it) on my sons back (he's 9) on each shoulder blade. I had noticed it the other day but faded and went away so I forgot about it. Well today, it's back. Of course google brought up leukemia. It's like a grid of dots. They are perfectly spaced, kinda like I pushed a hair brush up against his skin but instead of being imprints its red/purple dots, they do not blanch when I press on them. I had noticed them the other day but they were very light and now they are back and darker. I'm scared this is petechhaie and he has something bad. :(

ETA: This is an example of what they look like on his back.

. . . .
. . . .
. . . .
. . . .

Weasley123
03-12-17, 22:38
I'd be fair. I'm covered in red dots. Akwats have been. I'll ge 40 soon

Leslie735
03-12-17, 22:39
I'd be fair. I'm covered in red dots. Akwats have been. I'll ge 40 soon

Thanks but these just popped up recently. And they are just a section of them.

Fishmanpa
03-12-17, 22:41
For what it's worth and based on past posts, it's unlikely it's anything out of the ordinary.

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
03-12-17, 22:45
For what it's worth and based on past posts, it's unlikely it's anything out of the ordinary.

Positive thoughts

Well I certainly hope not. This is my son not me so its a bit different when it comes to the anxiety scale. Just hoping someone else has experienced this. Regardless, I plan to seek his doctors advice, tomorrow but in the meantime... :unsure:

CHELLEB1017
03-12-17, 23:33
I get petechie from literally scratching! Ask doctor but I bet he's fine!

tan235
03-12-17, 23:37
yeah go to Dr, it's free for kids, or is in my country but I'm sure it is there too.
My daughter gets red spots as well =, but they always fade.

Rach9766
08-12-17, 01:37
Hi,
I also have the same problem. Whenever the petechiae fade, new ones appear. I have been to see my GP multiple times, blood tests were done, tests for almost every virus you can think of, but all came back normal and I was told not to worry as in my case they're harmless.
I would see the GP to rule out any blood abnormalities, but the odds are in your favor.
Google will convince you that its something sinister like leukemia, but sometimes there are no answers. There are plenty of non-sinister reasons for petechiae that google fails to show.