PDA

View Full Version : New year new start?

Blonde123
04-12-17, 07:52
So with the new year looming, and I can't wait to see the back of 2017, I wondered how everyone was reflecting back on the year good or bad?
2017 started off quite well from what I remember and then got worse. I feel like I've hated this year and haven't really had much release from my HA. I seem to have fears regarding my periods, peri menapause and now an aching hip which in my mind adds up to ovarian cancer.

I've managed to keep everything together, I've turned into work every day and my family are totally unaware. I've not had any major let ups or cried. My worse was when I flew back from holiday in February and I was like a zombie but had no idea what I was panicking about which was a first for me.

Just a little ramble. Is anyone else glad to see the back of 2017?

NewYorkgirl
04-12-17, 08:01
I'm with you...This year should have been so happy for me but I feel all I have done is constantly worry about my health. And although it started with one thing it had spiralled into 4 or 5 that I can't seem to control or let go of. I will be delighted to see the back of this year however it's with a tinge of sadness that I have wasted so much time and emotional energy. And had to hide so much from my family. I'm exhausted with it all and hope that I can conquer this in time.

Blonde123
04-12-17, 13:34
Glad I’m not on my own. Like you said though it’s a shame I’m wishing the time away but it’s been so hard I’m glad to get rid of it. Just hope 2018 is better x

.Poppy.
04-12-17, 16:20
2017 has had some ups and downs, but has on the whole been better than the last few years have been for me. I think my medication, particularly an SSRI switch, is really starting to work out.

Hopefully 2018 will be even better for all of us!!

Blonde123
04-12-17, 21:03
Here's to that poppy!