PDA

View Full Version : Can jaundice be mild and vague?

paranoid-viking
04-12-17, 14:46
I mean; can jaundice manifest itself with very slight yellowness that goes on for week or months? Like you could see a slight yellowness on your forehead in the mirror or is it unmistakebale; that you suddenly turn yellow like the smileys here? I am so unsure and I am starting like crazy in the mirror to see if I am turning yellow.
I had a bilrubin test - negative. But then I read that you must fast for 4 hours before the test - MY GP DID NOT TELL ME! So now i fear the result was wrong and that I have it. Anyone?

wilky44
04-12-17, 15:06
If you're bilirubin is normal, you won't have jaundice. I suspect not fasting won't have made a bit of difference. I didn't fast for mine either, and both times it came back normal

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

And it won't be a negative result, it will be normal or less than. You can't have negative amounts of bilirubin in your body, it's impossible

paranoid-viking
04-12-17, 15:08
If you're bilirubin is normal, you won't have jaundice. I suspect not fasting won't have made a bit of difference. I didn't fast for mine either, and both times it came back normal

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

And it won't be a negative result, it will be normal or less than. You can't have negative amounts of bilirubin in your body, it's impossible

OK, I dont mean negatve, wrong words, but I mean; could eating cause less bulribin levels than it would be if I was fasting?:unsure:

paranoid-viking
30-12-17, 17:35
Sometimes I am calm with this but today I am concerned again. Can avoiding fasting give "false" results - meaning that jaundice may not be picked up by the test? And can jaundice be mild and vague for months?