PDA

View Full Version : Serious bowel problems..

Panic Stations
04-12-17, 20:40
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone out there suffers with bowel problems to the extent that I do. So, since I was at s a young child I have always obsessed over needing to know where the toilets are, not wanting to go on long journeys incase I need the toilet etc. It's been better on and off but the past few years it's been absolutely terrible. (I am now 24).
Whenever I go anywhere that I don't know where the toilets are or if there will be any toilets like on a long car journey etc I freak out about it. I immediately feel like i need a number 2 and have terrible dirreah beforehand. I am actually usually ok once the panic has passed.
About 6 months ago I was driving to my boyfriend's on my own, which I don't tend to panic when I am alone as if anything happens, no one will see. I got 5 mins away from my house and my stomach just dropped and it literally happened right there.. no warning or time to do anything. I cleaned myself up back at home and wrote it off as having an upset stomach but was then even more terrified that this would happen again. I've recently been through a massive anxiety relapse but I'm coming out the other side of it now. I went out Saturday night with a group of friends and had a few drinks. I had a great time. Once me and my boyfriend left we were walking down the street and I started to worry about needing the toilet as we had a journey of about 20 mins to get home. All of a sudden my stomach churned and I started walking faster saying I needed the toilet. And it happened again! I ran to an alley way. I am so disgusted in myself. This can't be normal, can it? I am taking medication for my anxiety and have had 2 round of CBT over the last few years. Someone's I wonder if I am just going to have to love the rest of my life like this. Sorry for the essay!

Panicless
04-12-17, 20:47
I have a bit of a similar problem with a weak bladder. I am frightened of having a coughing fit coz i know that i wont be able to hold on. These days i will often were pads to prevent embarressment. But i am getting more confident that i will be fine and dont do that as often. Maybe you could were pads in the intrim until you feel a bit more confident that you will be safe