PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from flu but feel like ive had a breakdown

attwood
06-12-17, 13:48
Im 5 days in from recovering from stomach flu today symptoms have subsided but ive been hit with chronic anxiety . Im struggling to eat , drink my nerves are terrible and i just want to cry . Its feels like im having a breakdown like i did 6 years ago. I take 35mg venlafaxine and have been fine . Would the flu affect my tablets and anxiety . I cant find any energy to climb off the sofa
Im so scared xxxx

Bigboyuk
06-12-17, 13:56
Hi it's never nice when you get a nasty cold or flu that's why I hate this time of year, it can knock you for six and make you very tired too. You aren't having a break down and yes quite possibly it can affect you in those ways, keep your self hydrated with planty of water and hot drinks it will get better. :) ATB

attwood
06-12-17, 14:00
I know in my heart i can control this but my head is running away from me . If i could bring my self to just get up and do something i know i could fight it , but i feel so hòpless x

Bigboyuk
06-12-17, 14:03
That's just your anxiety playing havoc it's best to stay busy by staying on the sofa will only give you more time to dwell on it. so get busy today it will pass :) ATB