PDA

View Full Version : Ativan/lorazepam and depression

canadapanda
06-12-17, 15:47
Hi guys! I'm very new to this site and haven't yet posted an intro. It's coming! For now, just bear with me...

I have been prescribed Ativan for acute panic attacks - like the "my body is going into shock and I think I'm actually dying" kind - and that's the only time I'll take them.

However, I've found that the past couple times I've taken them (oh yeah - .5mg only) I get really depressed afterward... For like 2 days.

I just started grad school in September and have been having an extremely difficult time this semester so perhaps this is a confounding effect of the heaviness I've been feeling because of school, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has a similar experience.

Thank you for your time!

Benjammin69
06-12-17, 20:08
Depression is a side effect of most benzo’s anything that Dulls the brains activity levels will depress you, some antiemetic drugs like reglan/metoclopramide, ondansetron etc. They are very effective at what they do but they are powerful drugs try to use only when needed and naturally your mood will be low when you are dealing with high levels of anxiety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk