PDA

View Full Version : Getting over Lymph node Obession.

Minns
06-12-17, 22:00
I'm currently going through a phase where i'm obsessed with two lymph nodes on the back of my neck.

I've had them for about two years now with no real growth or if any growth at all they tend to shrink and grow bigger. I went to the doctors about 2 months ago and she did an ultra sound where she said one was a little bigger but nothing to worry about and i also had blood tests for other situations and she said there was no sign of it being lymphoma or leukemia ( I'm currently thinking i may have either). She put me on Antibiotics because i suffer from Folliculitis on the back of my scalp which she said is causing the the nodes to be enlarged. Forward to my current situation i finished the antibiotics and the lymph nodes never completely went down but they had decreased to the point i have to dig around in my neck to find them. I went to the doctors and had a slight panic attack so she scheduled me for another ultra sound / blood work with an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday to see the results.

I guess i'm just wondering if there is any advice on how to over come the lymph nodes obsession. I've been constantly digging through my neck to see any changes which is leading me to think i'm finding other bumps. I'd like to trust the doctors advice Tuesday if she lets me know everything came back fine but i can't seem to shake the urge to poke and prod at them along with think about that what if situation with them. Any feedback would be strongly recommended. I did also explain to her the severity of my anxiety and she just prescribed me pills which i'd rather not become dependent on.

Thank you.