PDA

View Full Version : Im freaking out. Scared of melanoma please help

Moso13
07-12-17, 02:01
So last weekend I had a white head in this mole on my chin that ive had forever and never noticed any changes. But after popping it it got irritated and looked darker. And today I was messing with it because it had dry pieces of skin on it(it wasn't itchy) and ended up peeling it off and now its gone and there is brown stain(no blood) where it was. Before it came off it was a blackish/brown color (all same color), slightly raised, and round. Does this sound like skin cancer? Please help Im absolutely freaking out. Right before finals this is freaking great

ShaunRyder
07-12-17, 02:22
Sounds like you just irritated the mole, I have had many spots that have come on or near a mole and it has changed the moles appearance. Try to stop picking and also apply some cream and let it heal.

Moso13
07-12-17, 02:28
Sounds like you just irritated the mole, I have had many spots that have come on or near a mole and it has changed the moles appearance. Try to stop picking and also apply some cream and let it heal. Like i always thought it was a freckle not a mole and it never really bothered me until i tried popping the whitehead it became raised and weird looking

sdoxo
07-12-17, 02:57
I had one that scabbed up a little a few weeks ago. Went to the derma today and she said she felt good about it. Just bc it's flaky or comes off doesn't mean it's sinister, I've had one come completely off too. I forget the name of what she called it, but it was totally benign!

Moso13
07-12-17, 03:04
I had one that scabbed up a little a few weeks ago. Went to the derma today and she said she felt good about it. Just bc it's flaky or comes off doesn't mean it's sinister, I've had one come completely off too. I forget the name of what she called it, but it was totally benign! Thats good! Mine wasn't hurting at all, but now it is a little

sdoxo
07-12-17, 03:15
It's probably just sore from you messing with it, I'm sure it's just fine :)

Moso13
07-12-17, 05:08
It's probably just sore from you messing with it, I'm sure it's just fine :)
Thank you