PDA

View Full Version : Serious Health Anxiety - Help

JJ96
07-12-17, 14:15
Hi guys

I've had a rough couple of years with my personal life, but for the last several months I've had sharp chest pains. I recently visited my doctor who told me that I suffer from anxiety and have been referred to counseling. But now I'm convinced I have cancer.

I know the head is a funny old thing, but despite being only 21 and male I was convinced I was suffering from a water infection. I went to my GP and she prescribed me with anti-biotics, but the next day I developed pain in my lower back and when applying deep heat I found a small lump about the size of a thumb. I booked an appointment to go back to my GP, but I cannot sleep at night and the pain doesn't get easier depending on my posture.

I know I'm probably overreacting, but I hope you guys understand or can try to help me ease my worries. I've rang my GP to see if my urine tests were back and they said they were clear! Now I am so worried. The doctor should be calling me today but I'm afraid I might have a meltdown soon!

Help! :wacko::unsure:

katielovespizza
08-12-17, 00:19
I get lumps both in my upper and lower back that are tensed up muscles from stress and anxiety. They get bigger and feel worse when I've been extremely tense. You can also cause lumps by rubbing too hard if you're checking yourself too often.

Why are you worried that your urine tests are clear? That's great news!

Liziik
08-12-17, 01:33
I currently have a lump in my lower back. Noticed it when I was putting some cream on dry skin it's quite big sounds similar to the shape of yours. I freaked out and went to the doctor he told me it was a lipoma basically a fatty mass and they can hurt if they're next to a nerve or crushing a nerve. Maybe that's what you have? I really wouldn't worry about it ☺ should add lipomas are harmless!