PDA

View Full Version : Still can't let the STI fear go

LucyLou52
07-12-17, 15:38
So this is more of a rant more than anything(and i'm real sorry for the TMI) but I can't seem to get the fear out of my head that I have an STI/STD.

I'm starting CBT next Thursday and I don't want to go to the doctor for "reassurance" because me and my partner are both virgins and only engaged in oral sex once about 5 weeks ago.

I know the odds are as low as they come and I don't want to feed the health anxiety but I guess i'm lost over what to do about my constant thoughts,
I can put all my symptoms down to my birth control because i'm only in the second month of taking them and they can cause thrush ect which is what I think I have (sore, dry, and little bit of spotting which is likely down to the fact I changed from taking my tablets at 17:00 to 20:00 about a week or two ago)

I have so much positive info in my favour but I can't seem to shake it for some strange reason :blush:

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

I'm also really worried because about 2 weeks or so ago I had a illness that lasted one day and came out in a huge body rash which is the first symptom of HIV

I know it would be highly unlikely to catch it from someone especially after just once but my mind is really going at me :/