PDA

View Full Version : NMP Meet Up Subforum

Bigboyuk
07-12-17, 15:49
Hi It's not just my threads on this but others too. So is there really a place on the forum for this subforum, years ago having a look back it was very successful, no not so much I personally don't think it's relevant any more what do other think? TIA :) ATB

ServerError
07-12-17, 15:54
It doesn't do any harm keeping it there. Yeah, it's quiet, but so are several others. Still might bring the odd person together now and then.

Bigboyuk
07-12-17, 16:31
Thanks for your comments! Doesn't help me much though iam getting tired now over all this ATB

ServerError
07-12-17, 16:44
I can understand it's gutting putting yourself out there and getting nothing back. But you yourself recognise that that forum is almost completely dead. Your chances of meeting someone that way are low, and that's not a comment on you as a person. It's just the nature of that forum.

My advice would be to place less hope and less importance on it. Look elsewhere. The internet has loads to offer in terms of making new friends. I'm certainly not saying give up. I'm just saying change tack a little.

Elen
07-12-17, 16:46
Thanks for your comments! Doesn't help me much though iam getting tired now over all this ATB

I realise that your hopes for a meet have not been successful but I do not see the harm in the sub forum being there.

We have no idea of how many people may have arranged meets via pm.

Perhaps keep looking for more things going on in your local area if meeting up is such a big thing for you.

Everyone is different and have different needs, and just because someone is in your geographical area does not mean that they have a connection with you to meet.

The people that I am closest to on this forum are nowhere near me, so meeting up is not an option. What we have is still real friendship and is important to us.

swgrl09
07-12-17, 18:47
I give you a lot of credit for being so determined!! I wish I lived close enough to attend a meet-up myself. The USA is too big for many of us to be close together, so I've never gone to one.