PDA

View Full Version : Doing really bad! Need a little help please!

Bob22
07-12-17, 16:14
Hello, I have been on Celexa for 2 years now. I lost my beautiful 21 year old son and got pretty sick. I cry everyday over him but have been doing really good. I had a breakdown when he passed and Anxiety was so bad, depression was there because of the Anxiety.

I was on 40 mg of Celexa the first year. I started to wean off of it in January and got down to 5mg by May. In June I forgot to take my pill two day s in a row and went through hell. I stated taking it again and it took about two weeks to get better.

I have been doing so good since then that I decided to cut the meds down to 2.5mg I was on that for about 3 weeks. I talked to my doctor and he said if I want to get off the meds, when I feel up to it, start taking the 2.5mg every other day and then every 3 days and then stop.

I started to do the every other day last week. By accident I missed Sunday and Monday of this week. Tuesday I was in a nightmare and everyday has been worse. I am really bad at the moment. I started taking the 2.5mg on Tuesday and have taken it every day since then.

To be honest, I am really Scared!!! I can't convince myself that this is just withdrawal and I will be ok. I have a constant fight or flight feeling. Tingling arms, heart racing...... The butterflys in the chest are just horrible. The thought of being like this for the rest of my life is intense!!!

This is not the type of person I am.

Is it possible that you can mess your nervous system up so bad that you will just have to live with this feeling with no relief for the rest of your life?

It appears that I will never be able to get off of this drug. I can't believe this is happening on only 2.5mg It's also appearing that the drug isn't going to work for me anymore. its been two days and I feel worse even though I am taking the 2.5mg. I wonder if I should go to 5mg.

My wife asked me "if you were doing so good on the meds, why get off of them?" That's a good question. Do people stay on this drug and live a normal life? I probably can't handle any negative answers at the moment.

I'm in a bad why right now. Scared I'm not going to get back to where I was a few days ago. I was 100% with no symptoms and now this!

Thank you for any help you might give me. I just need a helping hand at the moment.

Jem21
07-12-17, 16:53
Hi Bob, let me start by saying you are not going to be like this for the rest of your life, that's just anxiety talking! I think the best thing you can do is make an appointment with your doctor. Maybe you came off them too soon, or maybe you're just having a setback. Everyone is different when it comes to meds I was on Citalopram for 2 years and stopped cold turkey as I was well and I was fine. I also tried Cymbalta and coming off that under doctors instruction was hell. At the moment your anxiety is making you think all sorts. Can you get an appointment tomorrow?

Bob22
07-12-17, 17:08
Hi Bob, let me start by saying you are not going to be like this for the rest of your life, that's just anxiety talking! I think the best thing you can do is make an appointment with your doctor. Maybe you came off them too soon, or maybe you're just having a setback. Everyone is different when it comes to meds I was on Citalopram for 2 years and stopped cold turkey as I was well and I was fine. I also tried Cymbalta and coming off that under doctors instruction was hell. At the moment your anxiety is making you think all sorts. Can you get an appointment tomorrow?

Thank you so much for your reply Jem. I have spoke to my doctor via email and he stated to just continue with the meds everyday instead of every other day and we will reevaluate once I am stable.

That's the whole thing, I feel so bad I don't think I am going to be stable again. My life is such a mess with everything that has happened. I use to be a strong person. I guess as you say, this is the Anxiety talking.

I'm also having a hard time believing that this all happened just because I started skipping a day and skipped two days by accident. I am very sensitive to meds though.

Thank you so very much for your reply Jem, it means the world. If anyone else can comment please do so, I truly need all the support I can get right now. Man this is hard. It's so crazy because I have been down this road before, but I feel this time my system is just too messed up to recover. Again I guess that's the Anxiety.

Thank you again Jem!!!!!!!

Jem21
07-12-17, 17:54
I was on cit and missed 6 tablets over the space of a month and I had a couple of weeks of anxiety before it settled again. Your levels are probably all over the place and your body doesn't know what's going on. Give it a little time as your doctor says to even out and then pop back and see him to re evaluate. I hope you feel better soon x

Lulu1960
07-12-17, 18:24
Why get off the Medication if it's making you feel good.yes you can take this med.for the rest of your life..don't skip doses it can cause havoc on your system..

Bob22
07-12-17, 18:39
I was on cit and missed 6 tablets over the space of a month and I had a couple of weeks of anxiety before it settled again. Your levels are probably all over the place and your body doesn't know what's going on. Give it a little time as your doctor says to even out and then pop back and see him to re evaluate. I hope you feel better soon x

Thank you so much Jem! I was feeling almost 100% about an hour ago but now going back down the rabbit hole so my system is messed up.

Really appreciate it. I will be back in a few days with an update.

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Why get off the Medication if it's making you feel good.yes you can take this med.for the rest of your life..don't skip doses it can cause havoc on your system..

I'm starting to come with those terms Lulu. Thank you for the support, I really need it!!!

swgrl09
07-12-17, 18:40
I'm so sorry to hear about your son... how could you not be impacted? You aren't crazy, you are human. Grief doesn't really go away, it just kind of changes it's role in your life with time. Go easy on yourself about how you are doing honestly.

For what it's worth, the last time I weaned off lexapro (I'm now back on it - no shame there!), I felt 100% fine until I finally stopped completely. This was even with a very slow taper. After a couple weeks the withdrawal had passed and I was doing a lot better. Everybody tapers differently and everyone's body handles it differently.

Bob22
07-12-17, 18:58
I'm so sorry to hear about your son... how could you not be impacted? You aren't crazy, you are human. Grief doesn't really go away, it just kind of changes it's role in your life with time. Go easy on yourself about how you are doing honestly.

For what it's worth, the last time I weaned off lexapro (I'm now back on it - no shame there!), I felt 100% fine until I finally stopped completely. This was even with a very slow taper. After a couple weeks the withdrawal had passed and I was doing a lot better. Everybody tapers differently and everyone's body handles it differently.

Thank you so much swgrl, I miss him so bad!!!!!!!!

I am glad you are doing better!!!

Bob22
08-12-17, 15:34
I am just making an update in case there are people watching that may be going through the same pain as I am.

I felt really bad all morning yesterday until around 1pm. After 1 I felt like my old self. There were brief times of fight or flight sensations but they didn't last long. I was able to get a lot done. I drank a cup of coffee because that is what I do everyday and I don't want to go through any other types of withdraw. I believe the coffee actually calmed me mentally. I did some research on Caffeine and they are saying that it might just help with Anxiety and Depression. The caffeine could make your physical symptoms worse so if you are not a coffee or soda drinker I would be careful.

I slept good last night and didn't wake up feeling as bad as I did yesterday. The physical symptoms were mild. That actually scared me a little because without the physical symptoms to attribute my anxiety too, I was just scared at nothing!!! I am currently dealing with that now.

This is such a tough thing! I know that I felt good yesterday but this Anxiety makes me believe that I will never feel good again. Overall though I am feeling better.

One thing I am pretty confident in is that Cortisol and Adrenalin play a MAJOR roll in my physical symptoms; heart racing, shaking inside if that makes sense, Tingling.......... If you are suffering from this, you might want to look into a natural Cortisol Blocker.

Thank you so much Jem, Swgr, and Lulu for your replies, they are helping me through this!!!! That is what people need when they are suffering with this, reassurance.

Wess2121
08-12-17, 15:44
Hey Bob22. If its of any comfort my wife and I just lost our first baby. My wife was at 38 weeks, we had a scheduled c-section. 6 days before it the baby hadn't moved, and we later found out at the hospital she had died. Devastating. So i sort of know what your going thru so stay strong.
Luckily i went back on citalopram about 3 weeks prior to that. My doctor actually told me to cut out caffeine. i was and avid coffee drinker. Depending on the type of person you are caffeine can get you 'hyped up'.
I'm very interested in the Cortisol Blocker. I've had anxiety for the past decade and whenever im anxious my heart races and i shake. I am going to ask my doctor about this at my next visit. Stay strong!

Bob22
08-12-17, 16:12
Hey Bob22. If its of any comfort my wife and I just lost our first baby. My wife was at 38 weeks, we had a scheduled c-section. 6 days before it the baby hadn't moved, and we later found out at the hospital she had died. Devastating. So i sort of know what your going thru so stay strong.
Luckily i went back on citalopram about 3 weeks prior to that. My doctor actually told me to cut out caffeine. i was and avid coffee drinker. Depending on the type of person you are caffeine can get you 'hyped up'.
I'm very interested in the Cortisol Blocker. I've had anxiety for the past decade and whenever im anxious my heart races and i shake. I am going to ask my doctor about this at my next visit. Stay strong!

God I'm so very sorry for your loss Wess!!!!! There is NOTHING worse for a parent!!! We have to have FAITH, its the only thing and very hard after something like this.

Yes, I should have said that everyone should go through there doctor.

Thank you so much for your reply Wess!!!

I wish nothing but the best for you and your wife!!!

Lulu1960
08-12-17, 16:53
Bob ..it would be kinder to your brain if you stay on a low dosage like ten milligrams.for maintance.because these ssris might leave your body chemicals.but nobody talks about how long it takes to leave your brain.take care

Bob22
09-12-17, 12:16
Bob ..it would be kinder to your brain if you stay on a low dosage like ten milligrams.for maintance.because these ssris might leave your body chemicals.but nobody talks about how long it takes to leave your brain.take care

Hello Lulu, I was down to 2.5mg for about a month when I decided to go every other day for about a week when this happened which was Tuesday I think. I went right back on 2.5mg and have been taking that all week.

It currently 6am and I feel BAD!!!!! Fight or Flight is through the roof!!!! Is this normal? Man I can’t fight this fear of being this way forever!!!!!

Lulu1960
09-12-17, 15:09
Once you start skipping doses that's when all hell breaks loose.i would stay on that little tiny dose that ain't going to kill you or even move up to five for along time obviously your not ready if your having withdrawals.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

What's the hurry????

Bob22
09-12-17, 17:13
Once you start skipping doses that's when all hell breaks loose.i would stay on that little tiny dose that ain't going to kill you or even move up to five for along time obviously your not ready if your having withdrawals.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

What's the hurry????

Thank you Lulu, I'm not doing good!!! I am going to go up to 5mg in the next day or two. I'm trying to tough this out but I'm tired of it!!

Thank you so much!!!

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

So this gets worse before it gets better? Am I going to stabilize, I am back on taking it everyday instead of every other day. Nov. 1st I went from 5 mg to 2.5mg. Nov. 21st I went to every other day. I missed two days Dec. 3rd & 4th and Dec. 5th I was in hell and have stayed there!!! I have had some relief as stated.

With all that has happened in my life I'm just tired.

I just want to stabilize and if I have to stay on this med that's fine I guess. I didn't have any ill effects on it, I just don't want to be dependent on it. Also the fear that one day they might not make Celexa anymore or that it will stop working for me.

I'm just in a bad place right now.

Thanks!!!

Lulu1960
09-12-17, 17:36
That's your anxiety playing tricks on you.my Mon has been on celexa for 20years.it ain't going anywhere!you have stop missing doses that's why your all over the place.if you DC.told you that you have diabetes or high blood pressure and you have to be dependent on Medications.im sure you would say is ok!.

Bob22
09-12-17, 17:57
That's your anxiety playing tricks on you.my Mon has been on celexa for 20years.it ain't going anywhere!you have stop missing doses that's why your all over the place.if you DC.told you that you have diabetes or high blood pressure and you have to be dependent on Medications.im sure you would say is ok!.

Thank you for helping me Lulu!!!!

epitaxial
10-12-17, 05:51
Thank you Lulu, I'm not doing good!!! I am going to go up to 5mg in the next day or two. I'm trying to tough this out but I'm tired of it!!

Thank you so much!!!

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

So this gets worse before it gets better? Am I going to stabilize, I am back on taking it everyday instead of every other day. Nov. 1st I went from 5 mg to 2.5mg. Nov. 21st I went to every other day. I missed two days Dec. 3rd & 4th and Dec. 5th I was in hell and have stayed there!!! I have had some relief as stated.

With all that has happened in my life I'm just tired.

I just want to stabilize and if I have to stay on this med that's fine I guess. I didn't have any ill effects on it, I just don't want to be dependent on it. Also the fear that one day they might not make Celexa anymore or that it will stop working for me.

I'm just in a bad place right now.

Thanks!!!

Hello Bob - sorry to hear you're going through hell taking this drug :( It sounds like you were adjusting the dosage at a rate that your nervous system/mind didn't like. :( Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't realize how powerful SSRI's are at what may seem like an insignificant dose of 2.5mg! I wish they'd stop suggesting alternating doses as it just doesn't work for a lot of people..

When I discussed with my doctor [GP] about want to come off 10mg Citalopram for Buspirone, he said I could just stop the Citalopram and start Buspirone the next day. I'm pretty sure i gave him a "are you serious?" look. :)

I think taking the 2.5mg should be your plan to allow your nervous system and brain stabilize. Heck - stay on that dose as long as it's not causing any ill effects. And if you want wean off the drug at a later time down the road, it should be easier to do so at 2.5mg.

BTW - here is some information that you might want to read that I've re-read since taking Citalopram 4 months ago:

Tips for tapering off by 10% of your dose:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

Chart that shows any dosage decreases below 10mg can be significant:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/8583114_fig1_FIGURE-1-Relationship-Between-Striatal-Serotonin-Transporter-5-HTT-Occupancy-and-Dose

Good luck and hopefully you'll start to stabilize soon.

Bob22
10-12-17, 19:20
Hello Bob - sorry to hear you're going through hell taking this drug :( It sounds like you were adjusting the dosage at a rate that your nervous system/mind didn't like. :( Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't realize how powerful SSRI's are at what may seem like an insignificant dose of 2.5mg! I wish they'd stop suggesting alternating doses as it just doesn't work for a lot of people..

When I discussed with my doctor [GP] about want to come off 10mg Citalopram for Buspirone, he said I could just stop the Citalopram and start Buspirone the next day. I'm pretty sure i gave him a "are you serious?" look. :)

I think taking the 2.5mg should be your plan to allow your nervous system and brain stabilize. Heck - stay on that dose as long as it's not causing any ill effects. And if you want wean off the drug at a later time down the road, it should be easier to do so at 2.5mg.

BTW - here is some information that you might want to read that I've re-read since taking Citalopram 4 months ago:

Tips for tapering off by 10%

Chart that shows any dosage decreases below 10mg can be significant:

Good luck and hopefully you'll start to stabilize soon.

Epitaxial thank very much!!!!! The fight or Flight lasted all day yesterday until around 7pm. It was rough! So things have gotten worse not better. I felt such peace when it finally stopped!!! It’s amazing how we take for granted just being able to sit calmly on a couch.

I sleep all night. I just woke up with the excitatory chemicals ragging through me again! I hope to God this doesn’t go all day again!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info, I will surly look over it once I feel better. I hope that can happen again. This fear that the part of my system that controls the release of these chemicals is overpowering!!!!

Your reply means the world to me right now as does everyone else’s!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Well I have been feeling ok for the last hour. Just a strange feeling that I can't explain, it feels like a fear of getting depressed, like depression is knocking on the door but I'm not depressed if that makes any sense what so ever!

I will take this over the Fight or Flight!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Just a follow for anyone who might be suffering. I have been feeling good all day!!!!! Yesterday was a nightmare. Today I have been working all day! I feel really good!!! I'm sure I'm not out of the woods yet, but maybe!

Thank you so much for everyone's support.

epitaxial
11-12-17, 01:18
Epitaxial thank very much!!!!! The fight or Flight lasted all day yesterday until around 7pm. It was rough! So things have gotten worse not better. I felt such peace when it finally stopped!!! It’s amazing how we take for granted just being able to sit calmly on a couch.

I sleep all night. I just woke up with the excitatory chemicals ragging through me again! I hope to God this doesn’t go all day again!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info, I will surly look over it once I feel better. I hope that can happen again. This fear that the part of my system that controls the release of these chemicals is overpowering!!!!

Your reply means the world to me right now as does everyone else’s!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Well I have been feeling ok for the last hour. Just a strange feeling that I can't explain, it feels like a fear of getting depressed, like depression is knocking on the door but I'm not depressed if that makes any sense what so ever!

I will take this over the Fight or Flight!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Just a follow for anyone who might be suffering. I have been feeling good all day!!!!! Yesterday was a nightmare. Today I have been working all day! I feel really good!!! I'm sure I'm not out of the woods yet, but maybe!

Thank you so much for everyone's support.

it sounds like your system is stabilizing! :yesyes: Please continue to take 2.5mg as that is what your brain/body are use to. You may have a random blip [anxiety spike] for the next few weeks - but things should improve in the long run. :D

Eventually 2.5mg might poop out for you so you may want to talk to a Naturopathic Doctor to see if he/she can recommended a plan to help deal with anxiety without the medication. :)

Bob22
11-12-17, 15:54
it sounds like your system is stabilizing! :yesyes: Please continue to take 2.5mg as that is what your brain/body are use to. You may have a random blip [anxiety spike] for the next few weeks - but things should improve in the long run. :D

Eventually 2.5mg might poop out for you so you may want to talk to a Naturopathic Doctor to see if he/she can recommended a plan to help deal with anxiety without the medication. :)

Thank you Epitaxial!

See that is my main fear, that the meds will eventually stop working. Then what, I am like this forever.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I can see the meds not working because of something I did, but for them to just stop working for me on their own is actually sending my Anxiety through the roof right now. So basically I'm sitting on a time bomb?

This is why I wanted to be off of these meds.

epitaxial
12-12-17, 08:49
Thank you Epitaxial!

See that is my main fear, that the meds will eventually stop working. Then what, I am like this forever.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I can see the meds not working because of something I did, but for them to just stop working for me on their own is actually sending my Anxiety through the roof right now. So basically I'm sitting on a time bomb?

This is why I wanted to be off of these meds.

I don't think the med will just stop working instantly - it may be a gradual change. Or 2.5mg could be the dose that works for you long term. Everyone is different so it's difficult to know.

I'd say take 2.5mg for at least another month and see how you feel and try not to think about the future [the dreaded "What if?!"].

if you still want to stop taking the med - google search "Prozac to get off SSRI". Some doctors will have you taper off your current SSRI while taking the Prozac anywhere from a week to a month and then slowly taper off the Prozac.

Bob22
12-12-17, 13:57
I don't think the med will just stop working instantly - it may be a gradual change. Or 2.5mg could be the dose that works for you long term. Everyone is different so it's difficult to know.

I'd say take 2.5mg for at least another month and see how you feel and try not to think about the future [the dreaded "What if?!"].

if you still want to stop taking the med - google search "Prozac to get off SSRI". Some doctors will have you taper off your current SSRI while taking the Prozac anywhere from a week to a month and then slowly taper off the Prozac.

I was actually thinking of staying on the Celexa for s while if not forever if it helps.

I don’t know what’s going on now! I felt slight anxiety all day yesterday but had mild depression with it.

I just woke up with the same thing now. I feel like I’m just neutral, which is a strange feeling! Honestly I would rather be sick or feeling good! I guess I could say I’m mildly depressed, no interest in anything. God I hope this is just part of this and will go away!!!

Thanks Epitaxial and everyone!!!

---------- Post added at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

Is this Depression feeling part of this and will eventually stabilize as well?

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

Feeling really bad right now! Scared because I was feeling so good the other day and now this!!! I’m not doing good!!!

Can anyone please just respond!!! Is this normal for it to be like a rollercoaster, one day good, the next bad? And with mild depression?

Just to add, I have a very caring and supportive wife, she is Home today. I’m not going to hurt myself nor do I want too. I just want to feel better!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

swgrl09
12-12-17, 14:30
I think it's important to be patient with yourself. You are not going to have good days every day - that would be great, but we're human, you know? It may take some time for your system to stabilize as well, as you have been on a lot of changing doses recently. It may be worth a chat with your doctor to come up with a plan.

But honestly it's normal to have good days and bad. Even on my medication doing well, I sometimes have bad days. Hang in there :hugs:

Bob22
12-12-17, 14:55
I think it's important to be patient with yourself. You are not going to have good days every day - that would be great, but we're human, you know? It may take some time for your system to stabilize as well, as you have been on a lot of changing doses recently. It may be worth a chat with your doctor to come up with a plan.

But honestly it's normal to have good days and bad. Even on my medication doing well, I sometimes have bad days. Hang in there :hugs:

Thank you swgr! I hope this stabilizes, before I started going every other day I honestly never had days like this. Thought I was better so I decided to come off the meds! Big mistake apparently!!!!!!!

epitaxial
13-12-17, 07:39
Thank you swgr! I hope this stabilizes, before I started going every other day I honestly never had days like this. Thought I was better so I decided to come off the meds! Big mistake apparently!!!!!!!

Bob - How are you feeling now?

Bob22
13-12-17, 14:04
Bob - How are you feeling now?

It’s been rough Epitaxial, I felt bad all day yesterday. Not as bad as when this first happened however. It’s hard to explain!!! The heart rate elevated, butterfly’s in the chest, tingling in the arms is all there but not extreme! But there’s this feeling of things going bad! Like a slight depression, but not a strong feeling of any of it!

I felt really good by the end of the day yesterday, I would say I was at 95%

I slept good and woke up a little while ago without the MAJOR Fight or Flight Feeling. Right now I’m doing pretty good, just have what feels like depression wanting to come in but just not there if that makes any sense what so ever!!! It’s like At any moment I could go into full blown depression but I’m not?!?!?!

Anyway, I will take this over how I’ve been feeling.

So at the moment I am doing pretty good.

Thank you so much for caring!!!!!!

epitaxial
15-12-17, 07:14
It’s been rough Epitaxial, I felt bad all day yesterday. Not as bad as when this first happened however. It’s hard to explain!!! The heart rate elevated, butterfly’s in the chest, tingling in the arms is all there but not extreme! But there’s this feeling of things going bad! Like a slight depression, but not a strong feeling of any of it!

I felt really good by the end of the day yesterday, I would say I was at 95%

I slept good and woke up a little while ago without the MAJOR Fight or Flight Feeling. Right now I’m doing pretty good, just have what feels like depression wanting to come in but just not there if that makes any sense what so ever!!! It’s like At any moment I could go into full blown depression but I’m not?!?!?!

Anyway, I will take this over how I’ve been feeling.

So at the moment I am doing pretty good.

Thank you so much for caring!!!!!!

Good to hear things are improving! Your mind/body are probably still stabilizing as it will be a slow process with ups/downs that tend to be more up than down as each day passes.

Cortisol levels increase significantly after you wake up - but the med should start to slowly help with that feeling.

Bob22
15-12-17, 14:41
I really needed to hear that Epitaxial!!! Thank you!!!! I just woke up and felt really bad, starting to feel better now.

Before I started going through this withdrawal last week I was 100% mentally!!! That is the reason I wanted to wean off the meds; I thought I was better! I still broke down every day about my son and worried about certain things but could deal with it!

Now when I think of my son who has passed I feel a slight depression! I’m also worried about my 26 year old son who is living with us now, he lost his beautiful fiancé right after his brother. We lost my mother right before my son, one of my best friends right before my mother, and my niece right after my sons fiancé! It’s been horrific!!!

My son now has diabetes high cholesterol.... he never goes out, never! It’s reslky hard to keep positive through all this!!! I’m not sure what it is but evertime I start to feel good my mind will remind me that my son is dead, or that my other son has diabetes, or that he doesn’t get out..... it’s like my mind is trying to make me depressed!

I don’t even know why I’m saying all this; I guess I just needed to get it off my chest!!! I’m still fighting to live some kind of happy life!!! Honestly, if my son was happy, I think I would be cured of this!!!! That is all I truly want, is my son to be happy!!!!!!!!

My wife is so Amazing!!! She has such a good attitude through all of this and is what keeps us functional!!!! I wish I could think like her!!!

I don’t expect a response to this Epitaxial, unless you know why my mind is seemingly trying to make me depressed? That goes for anyone out there? I’m hoping it’s all part of this withdrawal?

Thank you for being there!!! It means so very much!!!!!

epitaxial
16-12-17, 07:59
Bob - yes when you lower the dose it can cause an increase in depression. Hopefully you will be back to 100% mentally on 2.5mg in about 3-4 weeks.

It will take time to heal from what you've been going through - just try to stay positive! :)

Bob22
16-12-17, 13:52
Bob - yes when you lower the dose it can cause an increase in depression. Hopefully you will be back to 100% mentally on 2.5mg in about 3-4 weeks.

It will take time to heal from what you've been going through - just try to stay positive! :)

Ok Epitaxial Thank You!!!

epitaxial
31-12-17, 05:28
Ok Epitaxial Thank You!!!

Bob - how you doing? Still taking 2.5mg? Have things settled down?

Bob22
31-12-17, 15:35
You are the Best Epitaxial!!! Thank you very much for checking to see how I’m doing. This will be 4 weeks on Tuesday and things are almost 100% from where I was. I was still on a rollercoaster ride of good and bad days. I went to see family which I didn’t think of was going to do and things went great! Sitting in the airport now waiting to head back home.

I have finally leveled out. Being around people and doing things REALLY HELPS!!!

Still on 2.5mg which really seems like nothing but I’m going to continue to take it.

Thank you again so much and thank all of you!!!

God Bless You All!!! Have a Safe and Happy New Year!!!!

Lulu1960
31-12-17, 15:53
I'm glad you are doing ok bob...hny

epitaxial
31-12-17, 22:46
Good to hear Bob! Even though 2.5mg is a small amount - it's still enough to rock the boat for some people.

Have a safe/happy new year!

Bob22
01-01-18, 01:33
I'm glad you are doing ok bob...hny

Thank You Lulu!!!!

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Good to hear Bob! Even though 2.5mg is a small amount - it's still enough to rock the boat for some people.

Have a safe/happy new year!

I will definitely take your word for it Epitaxial! Happy New Year!!!

Bob22
02-02-18, 13:49
Hey guys, been doing good since I last posted but these last two days it seems everything is getting a little sketchy. The fight or flight feeling is back, heart racing.... all for no reason. All physical for sure! Depression is not there yet but these feelings are what brings it on.

I’m still on the 2.5mg, there are no other factors involved.

I was feeling completely normal again! I’m not feeling as bad as I was; just hoping I’m not headed that way. I know no one can answer whether I am or not.

Is this just part of it?

I hope to God all of you are doing well!!!

epitaxial
03-02-18, 06:47
Hey guys, been doing good since I last posted but these last two days it seems everything is getting a little sketchy. The fight or flight feeling is back, heart racing.... all for no reason. All physical for sure! Depression is not there yet but these feelings are what brings it on.

I’m still on the 2.5mg, there are no other factors involved.

I was feeling completely normal again! I’m not feeling as bad as I was; just hoping I’m not headed that way. I know no one can answer whether I am or not.

Is this just part of it?

I hope to God all of you are doing well!!!

Hey Bob- glad to hear things are/were going good! You could just be experiencing a temporary blip that can happen on any dose amount - which is completely normal.

I think of the drug as a collection of construction workers constantly building/'rebuilding parts of the brain and can't be in every single place all the time so a blip happens.

Hopefully you have coping tools in place to help with anxiety if it starts to get elevated.

-=0wen

Bob22
03-02-18, 13:31
Hey Bob- glad to hear things are/were going good! You could just be experiencing a temporary blip that can happen on any dose amount - which is completely normal.

I think of the drug as a collection of construction workers constantly building/'rebuilding parts of the brain and can't be in every single place all the time so a blip happens.

Hopefully you have coping tools in place to help with anxiety if it starts to get elevated.

-=0wen

Thank you Epitaxial, it’s really nice to have someone respond on here! Means a lot!!! I’m starting to understand that this stuff happens in my life now but it’s not permanent. That truly is the only fear I have is of it becoming permanent!

I truly hope you are doing well!!! And I might not be an expert on this stuff, but I’m always here to listen. If you need to talk, just message me! And that goes for anyone!!!!!! If I get the message I will surly answer!

Thanks again!!!!

adeyt
03-02-18, 13:39
Hi Bob. I have been following your recent story. I get exactly the same way, and each time it happens seems like the worst when in the midst of it. I kinda think to myself, how the hell can i get past this, but of course i do. I often think something physical would be easier to deal with, but then when i start to feel better, im glad it wasnt physical. All the very best my friend, stay well

Ade

Bob22
03-02-18, 16:35
Thank you very much Ade!!! Not that I wish this on anyone but its nice to know I'm not the only one who has it this way!

I actually feel pretty good at the moment!!! I truly hope you are feeling good as well!!!!!

Thank you again!!!

Jennifer@kilden
03-02-18, 20:09
Hi bob
I've been reading your post and it seems like your coping so well - so well done to you! Your doing amazing.
Keep taking your 2.5mg and you'll be fine.
I am in a relapse at the moment, having been off of cit for 8 months, I now need to take them again.
I too am very sensitive to this medication, so I've started taking only 5mg, and will go up to 7.5 in a couple of weeks, I have side effects on 5mg so I want to go slowly and not just take 10mg and feel awful.
I think all of us who suffer with anxiety/depression get the horrible thoughts- like what if this is permanent.... but that truly is anxiety talking, we will be fine and we will overcome all these setbacks and symptoms- we just have to take it 1 day at a time.
If you want something to read or listen to - I can't recommend Dr claire weekes enough- she is amazing- I have her book and a audio book which I listen too.
Keep up the good work- you are doing so well x

Bob22
03-02-18, 22:52
Hello Jennifer,

I’m very sorry to hear you’ve had a relapse but it seems you are knowledgeable and know that you will get through this!!!! I wish nothing but the best for you Jennifer and thank you for your reply!!!

Also thanks for the recommendation.

God Bless You!!!!!