PDA

View Full Version : Ibuprofen + stomach issues

cherryolivia
07-12-17, 17:00
OK so let me start from the beginning, I have been taking ibuprofen for the past 3 or 4 days for sore throat/cold symptoms. It's really weird I felt like the ibuprofen helped my anxiety the past few days, so I would take it at night before I went to sleep along with some emergency and I woke feeling excellent!! Well, today I didn't feel so great and had terrible diarrhea three times already today. Not sure if some of y'all have seen my previous post about my IBS, but my symptoms of that have subsided substantially. My question is has anyone ever had bad diarrhea or dark stools after taking ibuprofen for a few days? There was a period of time where I would take ibuprofen constantly but I try to avoid that now. Any help before I go to the doctor again! ha!

daisyflower
07-12-17, 20:02
Yes, they are not good for your digestive system. I can't even take one dose of them because I have IBS.

katielovespizza
08-12-17, 00:14
Yes, ibuprofen upsets my stomach as well if I take it too often. I'd recommend getting off them, and only take one if the pain is really bad. You can also try tylenol. It doesn't hurt my stomach like ibuprofen sometimes can.