PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Throat Cancer at 18

Gmusic
07-12-17, 22:29
Hi,
I'm new here and I've been struggle with health anxiety for as long as I can remember. I am 18 now. I've been scared of everything, mostly cancers and I'm convinced that every symptom I have is cancer (Dr. google doesn't help). I was diagnosed with lupus about 8 months ago also. So about five months ago I had swollen tonsils and bumps in the back of my throat. I went to the doctor and he wasn't concerned and tested for strep with was negitive. I forgot about it and now I realized that the bumps are still there. I had a cold last week with a sore throat and a little cough which is now gone. Normally my throat feels fine. Anyway I'm absolutely convinced it's throat cancer. I've never smoked or done any drugs. I'm a healthy and incredibly clean person. My mom says it's nothing and could just be because of my autoimmune diseases. But I'm still incredibly stressed. I just really need some reassurance. Thank you!

DaveP12
07-12-17, 23:04
I’m sorry to hear about your lupus diagnosis, obviously a tough thing to deal with. But throat cancer in an 18YO female would be practically unheard of. Anytime you have an infection, even a cold, it can linger for a while especially this time of year. I’m sure it is nothing.

Gmusic
08-12-17, 03:15
Thank you for your response. It was reassuring. It's just a frustrating cycle of never feeling assured that things are ok. And now I have a cough. Haha just can't win