PDA

View Full Version : A bit scared

AndreiSH
08-12-17, 07:21
Hi guys.

So i started Cipralex a little over 3 weeks ago, 10mg/day for anxiety and panic attacks. But in the first days my anxiety and side effects where so bad, my psychiatrist put me on 0.5mg of lorazepam in the morning and evening.

So it's been almost 4 weeks, i do feel a little better(nausea got a little better and anxiety tuned down a little) but not good, so she said i should take the lorazepam a few more weeks to let cipralex settle in better, and then see her again to start tapping it down.

I am scared as the leaflet said no longer then 4 weeks, but ofc i trust my doctor.

Perhaps some of you know, is it a high dose, like I'm not sure if i have 0.5 concentration or 1mg in the body?

Will it be hard to get off them when the next few weeks are over?

Thanks for all your time.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

LabRat
09-12-17, 00:41
Hello,

Don't worry yourself into a panic over a months use of any benzo, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't use it daily for more that 6 weeks. Even at 6 weeks you will most likely have to taper down over a few weeks.
The dose of lorazepam you are taking is equivalent to approx 20mg of Valium per day.
I started tapering off of benzos in Sept 2015 after being on then daily since 1988 and I am still tapering. It's been a hell ride for me, but I've been on them for so long and I trusted my Psych docs too...be careful!
You may want to check out the Ashton manual to educate yourself on how benzos affect your system. It's a must read.
benzo.org.uk/manual/

Good luck to you and feel free to ask more.

AndreiSH
09-12-17, 06:40
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but i think 1mg of lorazepam equals 5mg of diazepam(valium) not 20.

I looked at the link you sent me, but it's for high doses only. And i don't want to replace it with something else. After the next few weeks my psychiatrist said she will most likely remove the morning dose of 0.5 and just leave the evening one for 7 days, and then for the evening once every 2 days four times, every 3 days and so on...

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk