PDA

View Full Version : Vision problems, migraines...

Mav
09-12-17, 23:34
So I've been working a lot recently, I admit with studying and working I've skipped meals here and there because I've been so busy and I've found myself with really bad headaches, and even upon waking up.

My eyes feel sensitive to light recently, and I'm noticing they are just more sensitive overall, I feel like I might be making it worse by thinking about it. Today at work I lifted a heavy box, the minute I got up I felt my vision blur for a second and blood rush to my head.

I agree I'm tired, stressed out, probably hungry but I feel worried that the reason for this sort of thing might be something a little more serious, because serious things disguise themselves in common symptoms sometimes...

The thing is, even as I talk now, or when I get up too fast I feel my eyes for a bit hazy. My left eye right now feels a bit blurrier than usual, I don't know if its me focusing on it a bit too much.

Can anyone relate?

EKB
10-12-17, 01:09
It's probably just as you say. I would also think about going to the optometrist and asking about eye strain. I get it horribly, and it can cause some intermittent blurry vision and migraines/headaches. There are computer glasses and exercises you can do to mitigate.

In the meantime, every 20 minutes you should relax your eyes by looking at a far away point for 1 minute. I know for me, if I get really bad, it can take a day or two of limiting screen time to get some relief.

Good luck!

katielovespizza
10-12-17, 03:28
Too much screen time causes these issues for me for sure. I also have a take a break from the screen for awhile. If you've been working a lot lately (especially also skipping meals!), I'd say these symptoms seem really commonplace.