PDA

View Full Version : Moles! My melanoma/skin c-word obsession is back.

snowflake293
10-12-17, 10:47
I am so fed up that I am back where I was when I first started posting on NMP three years ago.

It was moles that started all this, and I am back here again worrying over them. At my worst, I was having full blown panic attacks whilst waiting to see the doctor and they had to sit me in a side room to calm down.

I have a mole on my arm and (to me) it looks weird. I don't want to upload a photo cause I am scared someone will say "best to get it checked" and I really don't want anyone to say that cause it will worry me more.

It is about 2mm and a light brown colour. It looks a bit shiny on the top which is worrying me! It also looks slightly darker in the middle and a tiny bit smudgy. Have taken a photo and zoomed right in and it doesn't look dodgy when I zoom in.

If I did see a doctor about it, I would 99% bet all my money on them saying it is nothing to worry about...

My point is this though - when I rationalise it, everything points to it being NOTHING. So WHY can I not stop looking at it, taking photos of it, thinking about it?

Even if it WAS melanoma or another form of skin c-word, the chances are they would just remove it! My aunty had a c-word mole removed about twenty years ago and is still here!

Why am I torturing myself like this?