PDA

View Full Version : Raised AST liver blood test

DaveCH
10-12-17, 18:45
Had a full blood test that was all perfect except positive celiacs which i new because i had biopsies a few weeks before iron deficiency that i expected because of celiacs and all liver tests where fine except ast very slightly raised but doctor said it was of no importance is quite common with celiacs and i went for a 6 mile run a few hours before the blood test which can also affect ast. Just wondering if anyone has had very slightly raised ast and is it nothing to worry about i mean if there eas something wrong with my liver would other things be off aswell ?

Annaboodle
10-12-17, 21:05
Hi. It will probably be a blip - as in you could be tested another day and it would be normal. I've known many people who had that happen. Slightly raised is of no importance, just like your doc says. I've known people have a slightly raised result because they ate a lot of red meat the day before, or have taken paracetamol (Tylenol in the US, for anyone reading) due to having a bug or period pains. Exercise like you're saying can affect ast. Or maybe like your doc said it is because of the celiacs and it may always be a tiny bit raised but absolutely nothing to worry about.

DaveCH
12-12-17, 09:07
Anyone else have any experience of this ?