PDA

View Full Version : Topamax

jenni89
10-12-17, 21:13
Hi all,
I've been on Zoloft, 100 mg for my health anxiety for about a few years now. I decided to reduce my dosage over the last few months under doctor's advice. I'm now down to 50 mg and still feeling okay. I decided to reduce as I'm tired of being tired if that makes sense. And I've gained 40lbs over the last year that I'm not too thrilled about.
Because of my concerns with weight gain (dr pointed it out as well :/) and headaches, my doctor has now prescribed me the generic version of topamax. I'm honestly tired of all the extra stuff being prescribed, before this it was trazodone, which I did not take because of reviews I've heard. I've heard some good and bad reviews about topamax, still, I'm reluctant to try it. It seems like everything has more side effects.
My question is, have any of you tried this medication? Let me know your reviews!

AntsyVee
10-12-17, 22:27
I've taken Topomax. It was fine. It helped a bit. It's really an anti-seizure drug, but it has uses for many things.

You can't expect to find the right magical medication on the first try. It's not like that with anything. People who are diabetic, have asthma, have autoimmune disorders, IBS, etc...any chronic condition requires trial and error with medication. You have to try different things with different doses until you get the right combination and dosage. It's like that for anxiety too, because it is also chronic. If you're not willing to try, then you've given up before you've even started.