PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling...any help

Caseyg89
11-12-17, 00:24
Hi everyone,

I hate health anxiety. I have been worrying about stomach cancer for about 11 months due to indigestion, burping and heartburn. They put me on a PPI but it didn't fix anything. I had an endoscope in June that found mild reflux. With my health anxiety I always doubt all tests and 2 months later i went for another endoscope. I spoke to the GI doctor last week and she told me all looked normal and that they didn't see anything like an ulcer or cancer. I am experiencing these stomach issues every single day so it's so hard for me to believe it's not stomach cancer. I feel so desperate to get every test done. I have been working with a therapist since February and recently a psychologist specializing in OCD. I was obsessive with test seeking (I've had two endoscopes, 2 colonoscopies, 2 sigmoidoscopies, 8 abdominal ultrasounds, an abdominal MRI, a chest CT scan and 3 occult blood tests) and have doubted most of them. Of course, I've read some horror stories online about people that get misdiagnosed or the endoscope misses stomach cancer. I feel so defeated with this. I am trying all the strategies that I have and nothing is reducing my anxiety. I have a brand new baby boy and I cry looking at him as I'm worried I'm going to die and leave him.

Carnation
11-12-17, 09:33
Hi Casey, you are not alone with the stomach issues, I suffer exactly the same symptoms.
I too have little confidence in diagnosis and GPs.
So, why not try by starting with your diet?
If you cut out processed foods like pies, mince and pre-packed meals, red meat, fizzy drinks, alcohol, coffee, fatty foods and chocolate, you will definitely see the difference.
Then you take in moderation once the stomach settles.
I think you have acids in your stomach caused by nervous thoughts and worry.
I've suffered with this for years and I have just gone through a bad patch myself because of neglecting my diet.
It's got to be worth a try to ease your mind. x