PDA

View Full Version : Cellulitis scare

Deepseathree
11-12-17, 03:05
I've had a bump on my arm near my armpit for the past week basically. I went to a walk in clinic and they gave me an antibiotic but I never picked it up as I though it was kind of overkill as it look irritated due to the area. I put a bandaid on it and kept the area covered. It starting to heal and look a lot better. Well I had forgot about the bandaids on the area and when I took them off today under the badaids were two small bumps. The original bump is still there but it just looks like a healing ingrown hair. I'm wondering if the new bumps are just irritation or a possibly cellulitis infection that's getting worse.

katielovespizza
11-12-17, 03:23
My grandma had cellulitis and the whole area was EXTREMELY red and swollen. I still had to push her to go to the doctor, but it was very obvious something was wrong. Two small bumps in your armpit could easily be ingrown hairs or irritation, but if it does get worse, I'd encourage you to ask a doctor. In my experience though cellulitis makes the area very swollen and red, and is usually not a couple of small bumps.