PDA

View Full Version : Weird fear of STDs reassurance needed?!

Gmusic
12-12-17, 00:21
Hi! So I have this weird fear of STDs. Here's the thing, I have a boyfriend and we have never had sex but have done some stuff (sorry tmi) and some mouth stuff. So I realize that STDs can be transmitted through oral stuff. But he and I have only ever been with each other (even only kissed one another). Both of our parents do not have STDs and we do not. Is it possible to get an STD even tho neither of us have one, none of our parents have one and we have only done things with each other? I guess my question is, can STDs just create themselves or does there need to be an STD present in some way to contract one? Thank you for reading my confusing question haha.

lior
12-12-17, 00:51
Hey, keep asking questions, it's the best way to learn.

There are some instances where you can have problems even if neither of you has had an STD.
- if one of you has an active coldsore and you do oral on each other, you're risking genital herpes. Don't even kiss when you have an active coldsore. It's fine when it's not active - I get coldsores, and I've put my mouth in many places when I don't have a coldsore, and I've never given anyone herpes!
- really vigorous sex can give you a UTI. But so can holding your pee for too long. They're really no big deal at all, I've had a UTI 2/3 times.
- thrush - this doesn't have to involve sex - but if either of you are sopping wet for a long time (eg sitting in wet swimming trunks) you could get thrush. It's basically just itchy. You can still have sex with condoms.
- also, it's not clear what your sex is, but if you are a woman then of course you could get pregnant with unprotected sex.
- also if you are a woman, independently of any sex, you could get bacterial vaginosis - this is when your pH balance down there changes - don't soap up in there, just around the area. I got it once from doing a sugar scrub in the bath.

It's a good thing to be vigilant about STDs. However - they are almost all treatable. My friend has had gonorrhea twice - you just take antibiotics and it's over. It's very easy to get checked for STDs. I do it before being with a new partner.

This doesn't sound like an anxiety. It sounds like healthy questioning. How are you feeling?

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Btw - I only found out all of this through experience. It's ok to not know everything.

The simple answer is - beyond oral sex, always wear a condom :)

Gmusic
12-12-17, 00:55
Thank you so much for your response. I am a girl haha sorry should have said so. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn. So basically if I am careful and have safe sex and stuff I will be ok? Sorry I just overreact about a lot lol

Annaboodle
12-12-17, 10:04
Thank you so much for your response. I am a girl haha sorry should have said so. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn. So basically if I am careful and have safe sex and stuff I will be ok? Sorry I just overreact about a lot lol

Hello. Yes, that's basically it. It's a good thing that you are thinking about this stuff I'd say. A lot of people leap in without giving it much thought.

lior
12-12-17, 13:26
Yes, always have safe sex. Condoms are the most effective contraception and protect against pregnancy as well as STDs. Many people only have unprotected sex when they are in long term, monogamous relationships, when the woman is on the pill to stop her from getting pregnant.

It's hard to know what's the done thing - sex education isn't that great. So it's really good to ask people. Do you have a female friend/mum/sister who is older than you who can help you through this stuff?

Gmusic
03-05-18, 04:59
Help!!!! I’ve never had sex but my bf and I did some rubbing and stuff on each other. We are both virgins and neither of us has any STDs. But today I found TWO white pussy pimples in my pubic hairs. Is this normal? I’m so so scared please help. My question I really want answered is can two virgins who don’t have STDs like create an STD?? Please help me. Thank you

MissB88
03-05-18, 07:32
Could just be folliculitis.. sometimes happens if you shave.
I know it's difficult but just try & relax.. when the time comes to sleeping together as long as you're safe, you'll be fine [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gmusic
08-05-18, 02:44
Thank you for your reply. These two pimples popped but now are kinda sore. I’m just so scared right now. I know it’s crazy to think it’s an STD since neither of my parents had one and my boyfriend doesn’t and we are both virgins. But I’m a hypochondriac and keep convincing myslef that this is soemthing more.

MyNameIsTerry
08-05-18, 02:51
You get pus filled pimples all over and they do occur in these areas too. Well, from a man's point of view you can get them on your testicles, towards the base of the penis, above in the hair, etc as far as I have seen.

If they look like the ones you can get anywhere, like on your face, that's likely all they are.

Gmusic
08-05-18, 03:20
Thank you for your response