PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety - challenging those thoughts

Worrywart1234
12-12-17, 06:32
1) the doctor said everything looked normal. And there are no symptoms. He talked about each person’s ‘normal’ being different.
2) we must trust what the doctor says!
3) she’s been having these symptoms irregularly, on and off, for 6 months. If it was the c word, the symptoms would appear and get worse and worse. She would maybe act sick. She’s healthy as a horse.

Please tell me i’m Right.

Annaboodle
12-12-17, 08:41
Hi. Prob worth saying what post this relates to in case anyone else missed it. It's this one:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211385

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Yes, I know it's hard but try and trust in what your doctor says. Doctors don't take any chances when it comes to children. They just don't. I know with my kids if anything they are over-careful with checks and tests. A little bit of blood from straining or constipation or something else minor is so common with children. You can tell that from here just from the number of people who posted in response to your thread with similar stories.

I would look at your daughter's diet maybe. I don't know if she's anything like mine, whose love of "beige food" (pasta, rice, dairy/ nothing with colour or much nutritional value) makes it difficult to get enough fibre down her. Maybe try upping the fruit, vege, etc and cut right down on dairy or even eliminating it because of how it's affecting your daughter's bowels from what you said before. Can try some dairy free smoothies as a substitute for milk shakes so she doesn't feel like she's missing out on a treat.

Worrywart1234
12-12-17, 08:57
I forgot to say the doctor has told us twice it’s most likely because of the way she’s wiping. But she swears she isn’t wiping hard....
I guess this is classic reassurance seeking, but can’t someone please back up what i’m Saying.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Annaboodle, thank you so much!! I’m in such a tizz I didn’t see your reply, only the link you sent. My scalp is prickling all over and i’m Fighting the beast hard right now. It’s such a struggle when you have ha, knowing when you’re worried are real and when they’re not. My husband was with us and said there’s nothing to worry about and he’s refusing to talk about it anymore with me. Being a parent is not easy!!

raggamuffin
12-12-17, 10:46
Getting the all clear from the Dr and convincing yourself that "they haven't missed something" is 2 different kettles of fish.

Ed