PDA

View Full Version : Such an awful day, feel dreadful.

oxoshannon
12-12-17, 16:17
Today I was like "I'm going to do okay today, I'm not going to worry, everythings going to be fine" - I made a dentist appointment for Thursday to talk about my jaw and TMJ, I was going to be okay.

My day WAS going okay and then as I was sat at my desk my head started to spin, my neck got hot, my heart dropped and I thought I was going to pass out. It came out of NOWHERE and here I am stuck back at square one.

I made an appointment to the doctors and got there in 20 minutes to be seen. She felt my neck (told me I did not have lymphoma - again), she checked my eyes (told me I did not have a brain tumour - again)

She said my neck ache and such is probably posture and stress related. But I had no idea why I had almost fainted.

She then said it was probably stress, again, or hormonal. Makes sense, I only got my periods back last month after suffering from an eating disorder, this will be my second month expecting a period. Does feeling like that come with PMS? I have no idea.

I'm sat at my desk again and my head feels heavy and full, my ears feel blocked and I am just scared I have something wrong with my brain which is just going to make me faint and die. I am so scared, I feel so weird :(

How is this all just anxiety? I hate it.

I feel dreadful and I just needed to off load :(

purplepie
12-12-17, 17:09
Hi Oxoshannon

The symptoms of anxiety are vast and feeling faint as if you are going to lose it is one of the worst, I know because it happens to me and it is frightening. I have had multitudes of tests over the years and have had a period of a few years without these symptoms, so when they recently returned, I knew it was just anxiety.

Knowing this however does not make it feel any better, it makes you want to run and hide or freak out. I really feel for you, it is awful but having a word wiht your GP regarding some medication to help with the symptoms may be a start.

take care x

oxoshannon
12-12-17, 17:13
Hi Oxoshannon

The symptoms of anxiety are vast and feeling faint as if you are going to lose it is one of the worst, I know because it happens to me and it is frightening. I have had multitudes of tests over the years and have had a period of a few years without these symptoms, so when they recently returned, I knew it was just anxiety.

Knowing this however does not make it feel any better, it makes you want to run and hide or freak out. I really feel for you, it is awful but having a word wiht your GP regarding some medication to help with the symptoms may be a start.

take care x

Hey!

it is horrible, it almost felt like I was falling into a panic attack but I hadn't been panicking about anything? getting caught off guard like that it just horrific and it's just set me up for a bad day. Now I'm scared it will happen again :(

This journey sucks, I can't wait to get to the other end of it.

I'm on pregabalin and citalopram but an increase may be something I need to discuss.

Thank you for replying, it means a lot x

purplepie
12-12-17, 17:37
Yeah I feel like that. As soon as I feel it coming on, I freak out inside and want to cry at the frustration of it all. I have just been prescribed a beta blocker to see if that will take away some of the tension 40mg of propranolol on top of the 30mg of clomipramine I already take. I hate anxiety and depression.

keep posting and talking about it, don't hide how you feel. xx

oxoshannon
12-12-17, 17:47
Yeah I feel like that. As soon as I feel it coming on, I freak out inside and want to cry at the frustration of it all. I have just been prescribed a beta blocker to see if that will take away some of the tension 40mg of propranolol on top of the 30mg of clomipramine I already take. I hate anxiety and depression.

keep posting and talking about it, don't hide how you feel. xx

Bless you, it is super frustrating I totally understand you. Keep fighting, you've got the medication and I am sure one day we will reach the end of our journeys and start to live that care free life we deserve! xx

kilbanks
12-12-17, 18:29
I get this so much. I literally had the thought this morning "wow, I don't feel anxious at all, I'm getting better!" just to sit at my desk, read an article about heart attacks and then have it come rushing at me. Suddenly my hands are clammy, my throat and jaw are tight, and my vision unfocused. When this happens, I just try to calm my racing heart and observe the room around me. Focusing on the things that are okay in the room outside of my head when I don't feel okay really help me, if that makes sense. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, it really is so tough! *hugs* you're not alone!

oxoshannon
12-12-17, 21:16
I get this so much. I literally had the thought this morning "wow, I don't feel anxious at all, I'm getting better!" just to sit at my desk, read an article about heart attacks and then have it come rushing at me. Suddenly my hands are clammy, my throat and jaw are tight, and my vision unfocused. When this happens, I just try to calm my racing heart and observe the room around me. Focusing on the things that are okay in the room outside of my head when I don't feel okay really help me, if that makes sense. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, it really is so tough! *hugs* you're not alone!

bless you :( wish it could be easier. I've felt so unwell since it happened, it was like a panic attack which wasn't a panic attack but my mind is convinced it's going to happen again and I have something wrong with my brain. Wish I could catch a break! I will try that, I'm going to watch some netflix and wake up tomorrow and have a better day! thank you very much, take care xxx

oxoshannon
14-12-17, 19:30
Just bumping this up again....

The same thing just happened where my head just suddenly started to spin and I felt like I was dropping. I've felt really unwell today and once it happened my hands were clammy which leads me to anxiety but that brain tumour fear is ripe :(

I don't know what to think

oxoshannon
15-12-17, 10:35
Can anyone relate to whether a sinus infection can make you feel faint? I think thats what the problem is but my anxious head won't shut up

Potter86
15-12-17, 11:57
Can anyone relate to whether a sinus infection can make you feel faint? I think thats what the problem is but my anxious head won't shut up

I cant answer the question but to let you know im having similar troubles with my head it feels like im swaying from side to side and my brain snd eyes feel like they are shaking.horrible