PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumor Fears

Health Anxiety Dad
12-12-17, 21:19
6 days ago while driving I almost passed out. Ever since then I've felt light headed/dizzy. Not full on vertigo, but just woozy/ off balance. Me being someone who struggles with HA, of course my first thought was 'brain tumor!'...even though lightheadedness isn't a brain tumor symptom. So of course, later that day I developed a small headache that has persisted for 5 days now, with intermittent nausea. I vomited on day 4. The headache is like 3/10 pain wise and not 'new' pain.

Question 1. Could this be a virus or the flu?

Question 2. I had a brain MRI in April 2017 (no tumors) and have a follow up brain MRI in April 2018. Could a brain tumor grow from absolutely nothing to terminal that quickly? Or would symptoms be worse by now? Ex: seizures, neurological weakness, slurred speech, brutal headaches etc.

This constant light headedness is freaking me out. I feel better for like 10 mins after waking up, then it all comes back. I'm still able to jog, do my daily routine etc, but it's harder to enjoy anything while feeling this nauseated and dizzy. The rational guy inside me says just hang in there until April 2018 and my next MRI will catch anything. I know you're not doctors, but the irrational guy says that could be too late.

Thanks for reading.

lofwyr
12-12-17, 21:35
This might seem like an over simplification, but do you drink enough water? What you describe can come from something as simple as dehydration.

Knowing someone who passed from a brain tumor, in seven months would be aggressive to say the least, and you would have a lot of other issues.

Health Anxiety Dad
12-12-17, 21:51
This might seem like an over simplification, but do you drink enough water? What you describe can come from something as simple as dehydration.

Knowing someone who passed from a brain tumor, in seven months would be aggressive to say the least, and you would have a lot of other issues.

While I probably don't drink enough water per day, it's not like my urine is dark brown etc. I probably get 1 litre per day.

Whyme07
12-12-17, 22:03
My current fear is also brain tumours. Fair play for having a MRI! I’m too scared to step foot inside Drs!

lofwyr
12-12-17, 22:28
A litre a day is not much, I mean, I doubt you would be clinically dehydrated, but maybe try taking it up a notch. During the winter months, we lose a lot more water due to dry air, we don't even realize it. Try for two liters and see if you feel better. The effect of not drinking enough can be somewhat cumulative.

Again, I am not a doctor, but I hardly expect it would be a tumor, having had a clear MRI back in April.

Health Anxiety Dad
12-12-17, 23:36
A litre a day is not much, I mean, I doubt you would be clinically dehydrated, but maybe try taking it up a notch. During the winter months, we lose a lot more water due to dry air, we don't even realize it. Try for two liters and see if you feel better. The effect of not drinking enough can be somewhat cumulative.

Again, I am not a doctor, but I hardly expect it would be a tumor, having had a clear MRI back in April.

No harm in trying that. It's healthy regardless. Thanks for the reassurance on my semi recent MRI, and repeat in 3 months.