PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumour - HELP

Whyme07
12-12-17, 22:01
Hey all,

In the last 3 months I have had the most horrendous HA ever - osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, lymphoma etc etc. On sertraline and was doing so well - 36 days without a blip or diazepam. Until Friday! After being headbutted by a dog my left eye had been aching, started obsessing. Then noticed yellow stain on eye - ran to opticians. All fine. Back of eye fine, pressure fine etc BUT had to do visual field test and as soon as I did my left eye the technician said oh tbis is is tired - results inconclusive. Have to repeat them, optician isn’t worried at all but I’m convinced I have cancer. I have been obsessively performing online peripheral tests and the same area of concerns come up. Today I closed right eye, and focusing on centre of screen moved my cursor in and couldn’t see it!!!! Not in the area of natural blind spot.

Everyone is saying anxiety related - I’m not convinced.... HELP!

Potter86
12-12-17, 23:05
Hey all,

In the last 3 months I have had the most horrendous HA ever - osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, lymphoma etc etc. On sertraline and was doing so well - 36 days without a blip or diazepam. Until Friday! After being headbutted by a dog my left eye had been aching, started obsessing. Then noticed yellow stain on eye - ran to opticians. All fine. Back of eye fine, pressure fine etc BUT had to do visual field test and as soon as I did my left eye the technician said oh tbis is is tired - results inconclusive. Have to repeat them, optician isn’t worried at all but I’m convinced I have cancer. I have been obsessively performing online peripheral tests and the same area of concerns come up. Today I closed right eye, and focusing on centre of screen moved my cursor in and couldn’t see it!!!! Not in the area of natural blind spot.

Everyone is saying anxiety related - I’m not convinced.... HELP! the yellow stain on the eye is probably a bruise after being head butted by the dog!!!

Whyme07
13-12-17, 07:34
I’m not worried about the yellow spot, it’s a ping-something or another. It’s the fact I can’t see the mouse cursor in certain positions. Is it possible to have more than one blind spot??

Whyme07
13-12-17, 21:20
Bump

Fishmanpa
13-12-17, 21:27
Please explain how a head butt from your dog could cause cancer :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Whyme07
13-12-17, 21:56
It’s the newblund spot that’s causing the cancer fear

Rhiannon.
13-12-17, 23:32
Since your optician wasn't worried then neither should you! Our blind spotscan be pretty large. My own optician was telling me about them a few months ago.

If you are reall worried to back and ask him about it. I'm sure he'll put your mind at rest.

(And if there has been anything serious he would have already noticed it. Something won't have developed in a few days! )

Whyme07
14-12-17, 13:10
Thank you for replying. This new blind spot is opposite to where my natural spot is. I have to re-test as results were inconclusive. Optician said if it a true blind spot, most likely always been there. I guess I need to remember we are all different and may deviate from ‘normal’

Whyme07
15-12-17, 08:08
Any one else?

katielovespizza
15-12-17, 08:29
You're probably going to think I'm insane, but I actually think I CAUSED myself to see blind spots (and other black spots and other weird things in my vision) while being anxious and obsessing over eye issues. For about a year, I was seeing weird black spots in my vision and went to the optician three different times to have testing done. They couldn't even see eye floaters (which they normally can) in the scan they did. They said everything was completely normal. I continued to see these black spots for a long period of time (while my anxiety was high, and after it mellowed out for about 3 more months or so). I never thought anxiety could cause such odd symptoms, but after this experience, I honestly believe anxiety can do almost anything. I no longer deal with black spots or any other vision problems I was having.

jojo2316
15-12-17, 23:20
If the optician is unconcerned I'm guessing that means it is something s/he sees fairly often. If new blind spot = brain tumour the optician's response would've even different!
Was it the same eye as the headbut? Maybe the impact damaged some of the little nerves at the back of the eye?