PDA

View Full Version : An interesting way I looked at my health anxiety today...

oxoshannon
12-12-17, 22:55
So I wrote a post earlier about having a strange feeling like I was about to faint - I've felt odd since then, funnily enough my sinuses have been killing me so I think it's all related to some congestion in my ears/sinuses that it happened...hey, looked at me rationalising things?!

Anyway! I had a bit of a moment today walking to and from the doctors. My Grandad passed away in February, I felt so scared today that I just spoke out loud and said "Grandad, please just give me a sign that I'm okay" - I find comfort in speaking to him sometimes.

I walked into the doctors surgery and I looked and saw one of his old friends, it just seemed like a strange but comforting sign. I hadn't seen this man since my Grandads funeral and there he was, and it just made me feel okay.

Then on the way back I thought about something I hadn't in a while. I always used to see white feathers when I felt bad, I would take that as a sign that my Grandad was there looking after me. I haven't seen any in a while, I realised it's because I stopped looking.

Then I was like IS THIS ANOTHER SIGN......that I stopped looking, so I stopped seeing. This could be translated into a way of looking at my health anxiety, stop looking and I'll stop feeling, I'll stop worrying, I'll STOP.

It hit me and I again felt comforted and okay for a moment. Maybe I will look at it this way, if I stop looking for reasons to feel unwell, eventually I will stop.

I'm trying to tell myself to wake up tomorrow and have a good day...and maybe I'll see a little white feather.

Gotagetthroughthis
13-12-17, 01:10
Great post. Looking for signs from the Universe or God or a lost loved one or whatever it might be can definitely give you hope and help you through tough times.
There has been a few times where I have been utterly hopeless with no strength to carry on then I will see a sign that to me is too much of a coincidence and it gives me belief to carry on.
I hope you have that good day tomorrow, if you believe you will then you will :)

Leslie735
13-12-17, 13:41
I love the way you are thinking. :) I did that early last year (2016) I had an MRI done and I was waiting on the results. I was latching to anything that made me feel positive about it. I was driving to the grocery store and kept seeing white butterflies and I immediately took it a sign from God that the results were going to be good.... and they were. :)

oxoshannon
13-12-17, 14:37
Great post. Looking for signs from the Universe or God or a lost loved one or whatever it might be can definitely give you hope and help you through tough times.
There has been a few times where I have been utterly hopeless with no strength to carry on then I will see a sign that to me is too much of a coincidence and it gives me belief to carry on.
I hope you have that good day tomorrow, if you believe you will then you will :)

It really does! When I was at my darkest time this year I would see white feathers float out of no where, whenever me and my mum spoke, a feather would float outside the window, amazing!

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

I love the way you are thinking. :) I did that early last year (2016) I had an MRI done and I was waiting on the results. I was latching to anything that made me feel positive about it. I was driving to the grocery store and kept seeing white butterflies and I immediately took it a sign from God that the results were going to be good.... and they were. :)

That is amazing, so lovely to hear and I am glad everything turned out okay! I would like to think I can take these signs and use it as my strength. I feel signs like these are much stronger than the thing in our heads trying to drag us down!